Home
Posted By: j_elky Anna Maria Island Florida - 01/15/13
Hi All,

I will be in the Anna Maria area of Florida the last week of Feb. I was thinking of more inshore and hopefully some fish that fight as well as they taste. What species should I be lloking for? Does anyone have a charter service they could recommend?

thanks....Jeff
Posted By: rong Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/03/13
not sure if you've been there before,but take the trolley to the city pier,good music,and cold beer,you can rent some light tackle,kids have fun,dont get any monsters but it still fishing,no liscense needed ,been looking for a decsent guide ourselves
Posted By: j_elky Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/03/13
We were there about 12 years ago, but didn't fish at all. We did book a charter and are really looking forward to some open water fishing. Everything around here is froze up solid. I will be certain to look for the trolley and the city pier. Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: rong Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/03/13
be sure to leave some feed back on your charter as we usually go in April (usually a bit warmer),very nice area enjoy
Posted By: j_elky Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/05/13
Any suggestions for a good restaurant or two on Anna Maria?
Posted By: rong Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/06/13
beach house and sand bar,both on water you can trolley to them,no need to drive,kinda on each end usually a bit of a wait but we've never had a bad meal.enjoy
Posted By: rong Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/27/13
updates?
Posted By: Clay Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 02/27/13
Originally Posted by j_elky
Any suggestions for a good restaurant or two on Anna Maria?

Can't go wrong with Columbia Restaurant there at St. Armands Circle in Lido Key and there used to be a Shells restaurant up on Anna Maria but its been several years since I was over there.
Posted By: j_elky Re: Anna Maria Island Florida - 03/04/13
Fishing portion of the trip got nixed. Too much to do in too short a time. We did eat at both the Beach House and the Sandbar, good food and drink at both places. The Sandbar was within walking distance to out rental house.
© 24hourcampfire