Home
Did anyone here participate? We were on vacation there while the tournament was going on. Went down to the scales 3 out of the 5 nights. Only one white marlin qualified and ended up winning the whole shebang to the tune of $2.8 million. Was 76.5 pounds. Had one blue marlin brought in that went 790 pounds and was missing its tail. The top tuna was 236.5 pound bigeye. The top wahoo was 79 pounds.The top dolphin was 39 pounds. And 2 sharks were brought in ...the winner was a 260.5 pound hammerhead and the 2nd place was a 223 pound mako. Was a great time and alot of fun. Also got to meet Wild Bill from the show Deadliest Catch. He held my grandson and shared a picture with my grandson on his facebook page. We will be doing it again next year. Wish I could afford to participate but I think the entry fee is $10,000.
Hmm... just read that the winning white Marlin is probably going to be disqualified.
Blue missing it's tail as to shark during the fight, or previous injury?
Why would there be a disqualification?
Illegal hook? Or someone on the boat ?
just curious
Not sure about the blue marlin losing its tail but the did a bunch of checking to make sure it qualified under their rules.
As far as the white marlin getting disqualified, from what I have read, apparently no one is allowed to handle the rod once the hook is set except for the angler who is competing and apparently the first mate at some point assisted the angler somehow and touched the rod. I guess this all came out during the polygraph test they are required to take
Ewww, I never let another man touch my rod
LOL me neither.
I guess now it's going to court
If you want to fish the White Marlin open, and don't have the big bucks, just buy in for the Tuna. My buddy did that in 2014 and 15. In 2014 I think the payoff for the big Tuna was about $400,000. Not the 2+ million for White, but still a nice payday, Joe.
I was there at MR ducks when a good white marlin came in. I think it was Capt, Stu's boat

© 24hourcampfire