Home
Shark fishing rod and reel line hooks etc. suggestions
Are you surfcasting or deploying baits? Rods and reels would be different. What size sharks ? 1-4ft? 5-7ft? 7+?
Budget?
You can get set up for sharks under 5ft for about 200-300 if you don't mind used stuff.

Can't go wrong with Penn 6/0 conventional, or a 6000-8000 size spinning reels. Daiwa BG, Penn Battle are excellent entry level reels, I wouldn't trust stuff of less lineup to last long.

MH rod, 30lb rated for sure. 30-50lb mono
I like circle hooks, 7/0 to 12/0 range depending on target and bait sizes.
Where ya gonna be fishing?
Few details about your plan may help the knowledgeable folks here come up with the best answer.
Originally Posted by LouisB
Few details about your plan may help the knowledgeable folks here come up with the best answer.

I guess he wasn't "THAT" much interested...
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Originally Posted by LouisB

I guess he wasn't "THAT" much interested...

Yep, must have changed his mind. We're getting ready to do our fall King Mackerel Tournament at Harkers Island NC. We catch a lot of Black Tip and Spinners on 30 pound test trolling for Kings. Light drag and let em go. Live Menhaden on trebles. Don't think we have ever lost a Black Tip. Sometimes the Spinners sky and wrap the line up and pop it.

RATZ, went back and saw he said "surf gear", disregard the above.
© 24hourcampfire