Home
Posted By: Allan S. trolling - 06/17/19
How fast do you troll for salmon with a deep six?
Posted By: Reba Re: trolling - 06/17/19
It really depends if you are going up or down swell. I've always used RPM, but my best guess is 4 - 6 mph. I like going in and out of the "skud" line. Many times picking up fish on slow turns. 20 foot Rabalo so I find them inside of the commerical boats. I start out at 35-45 feet on one side and 65-85 feet on the other. Pink or green flashers and purple haze hoochies. Green early season pink later. Fish out of Morro Bay
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: trolling - 06/17/19
Different species usually require different speeds. Faster for silvers a little slower for kings. A set speed is tough to say since currents and conditions usually dictate how fast or slow you should troll. If you’re going against the current your speed is generally slower since you’re working against the current whereas if you’re trolling with the current your speed is faster since the current is going in the same direction as you are trolling.

Trial and error is the best teacher. Good luck!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: trolling - 06/18/19
I adjust my speed by watching my herring setup want a slow half roll for Kings faster for silvers.
Posted By: Judman Re: trolling - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I adjust my speed by watching my herring setup want a slow half roll for Kings faster for silvers.

This, and pay attention to how your rod is working...
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: trolling - 06/18/19
Originally Posted by kk alaska

Ed Zachary...
Posted By: FishinHank Re: trolling - 06/19/19
I usually try and avoid big tides because often you are going backwards in the current but your bait is still working overtime. If you can catch a slack I usually try to keep it between 1.8 and 2.2mph. I will run it up to 2.4 at times if I am using long skinny spoons or stickbaits.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: trolling - 06/26/19
I adjust my speed and direction frequently. Nothing swims straight at a constant speed.

P
© 24hourcampfire