Home
Posted By: ChaseA1 Surf fishing Help - 07/30/19
I need help Surf fishing I am in Panama city I have all types of tackle and I am tired of catching pinfish. give me advice on how to catch fish That are around me this time of year. I would say the Pompano have either went deeper or migrated north already but I have heard they are a little late but have had no luck with them. Any advice please
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Surf fishing Help - 07/30/19
this guy can tell you everything you need to know to catch pomps or any other surf fish.

https://www.facebook.com/nickaway
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Surf fishing Help - 07/30/19
Berkeley Gulp or Fishbites work great in the surf. Learn to read waves and learn where the closest bar is, find holes, cuts, etc. Fish like structure and depth.
Posted By: Blu_Cs Re: Surf fishing Help - 08/27/19
Half Hitch Tackle in PSB (and a number of other locations along the FL panhandle) will definitely have the info you seek. They also have a web presence.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Surf fishing Help - 10/23/19
Originally Posted by stxhunter
this guy can tell you everything you need to know to catch pomps or any other surf fish.

https://www.facebook.com/nickaway

Why would somebody in Corpus Christi, Texas be the person to ask about Florida Panhandle fishing?

I'd be asking somebody that live there... Like my brother.
Posted By: Longcruise Re: Surf fishing Help - 10/24/19
Use those pinfish for bait!
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Surf fishing Help - 11/11/19
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Surf fishing Help - 01/02/20
I know I am late to the party here...but I am going to recommend you check out Matthew Isbell and his YouTube channel BamaBeachBum. While he is based out of Orange Beach AL, most of his techniques should carry over to your area. Lot of info about targeting pompano and he does pretty well as a fishing guide specifically for pompano and other surf species. I have picked up a lot of good info from his videos...especially his earlier videos which were more tutorial based.
Posted By: Lockhart Re: Surf fishing Help - 01/04/20
I'm sure the recommendations of the other posters will fix you up. Surf is surf wherever you are along the Southern shore. I fish for pompano along the NC/SC shore and use light to medium 6' rods, 4 to 6 lb line, wire hooks and fresh, FRESH shrimp. You are wasting your time when using any frozen bait in the surf. Frozen cigar minnows ans squid work fine for offshore bottom fishing but you're not going to get many if any bites on frozen bait in the surf. Good luck!
© 24hourcampfire