Home
Posted By: WAM Anyone fishing Rivers Inlet? - 08/29/19
Has anyone fished Rivers Inlet, BC this year? We fished there Aug 9-12 and the fishing was slower than any previous year we have been there at the same time. Wonder if the chinook and coho were very early, very late, or not at all? Happy Trails
Same everywhere wam, slim pickins, if they don’t ramp up the hatcheries it’s gonna get slimmer....
Posted By: WAM Re: Anyone fishing Rivers Inlet? - 09/01/19
Friends just fished at Winter Harbor, BC and had a pathetic catch.....
It’s an abundance issue which sorts itself out. We went through this 10 years ago. It was definitely good enough where I am at. Other spots really struggled and I have heard some horror stories.
Seems to be slim picking in the sound this year. Supposed to be a big year for coho but I haven’t seen it yet. Fished more pond water than anything this year.
Pretty slim up and down the entire Pacific coast. For the first time since 1980, we are not doing our traditional post-Labor Day week-long float for Deschutes steelhead due to low numbers. One of the annual trips I have lived for across all of those seasons. Beginning to think I lived through the best of times.
Posted By: Ward Re: Anyone fishing Rivers Inlet? - 09/06/19
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Seems to be slim picking in the sound this year. Supposed to be a big year for coho but I haven’t seen it yet. Fished more pond water than anything this year.

Not much for coho for me yet this year in Puget Sound. Couple spots are OK for chinook. PM me for locations.
© 24hourcampfire