Home
Neuse Sport Shop is clearancing out their Penn Fierce combos and reels. I needed another like a hole in the head but I ordered a 6000 with 7' MH for $53 shipped ( had to pay NC sales tax) to use for big drum and the reel can double duty for surf. Not sure what the have left in stock but pretty good buy with the free Fed Ex shipping. The bare reels are on sale too but for a few bucks more you get a rod. Battles are on sale too.

https://www.neusesportshop.com/products.asp?cat=15
The pile is getting smaller, but they still had some in both the Kinston and Cedar Point stores (I've been in both over the last two weeks).
Haven’t fished a Fierce but the Battle II is a decent reel for the money. Little heavy but solid drags and mine have held up well for several years salt and fresh.
I wish I hadn't missed out on the live liner versions, they would work well for the couple times a year we target bull reds in the Neuse/Pamlico. The 6000/7' MH combo I got was well worth the $50 and I am tempted to get another just because. Hard to find a metal body reel of that size for that kind of money, much less with a decent rod attached. I think the Fierce IIs can be upgraded to the HT-100 drag washers if one wanted.
heck of deal. I have way too many rods but ordered one non the less lol
Originally Posted by ribka
heck of deal. I have way too many rods but ordered one non the less lol

Glad I could be an enabler LOL
UNCC, that link you posted only showing 8000's now.

Glad you guys were able to pick up a couple deals.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
UNCC, that link you posted only showing 8000's now.

Glad you guys were able to pick up a couple deals.

Yep, they were selling fairly quick. My buddy lucked up and got some live liner versions for the same price but they were sold out at the time I ordered.
© 24hourcampfire