Hop To
R
Ron_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Hi Gang...

Ate at the Olive Garden Restaurant last night and had a new menu offering the waitress called it "Olive Garden's version of chicken dumpling soup".

It was the best commercially-made soup I've ever tasted and I'm a "super soup-person" and get restaurant soups every time I go out to eat.

I'd LOVE to have the actual recipe for it... it was VERY tasty!

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ron,

Was it a cream soup? Gnocchi are not exactly dumpling but the same theme. I found this one

RE: Olive Garden Style Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
Post By Heather (Guest Post) (11/09/2008)

I used this recipe and I absolutely loved the soup. It seems to be the closest to the Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Cream Soup. From beginning to end it takes about 10 min. of prep and 30 min. cook time.

1/3 cup olive oil or butter
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 lb. chicken
1/3 cup flour
1/2 carrot shredded
1 stick of celery
1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
3 chicken bullion cubes
Cracked pepper to taste
17.6 oz. of Gnocchi from Target

On medium heat.
Melt butter in a soup pot, add in the garlic and sautee, add your chicken and cook through out
Add flour and stir in flour and mix well until the flour is cooked into the chicken.
Next add your milk and heavy cream
Then add the veggies(Carrots,Celery,Spinach)
Add three bullion cubes
Add your Gnocchi last it takes 3-4 min. to cook throughout
Mix ingredients well until soup thickens and stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I looked up Olive Garden in Dayton, Ohio and came up with the following: http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/menu/Default.asp?server_path=/menus/dinner/soups_salads/

It is the Chicken & Gnocchi Soup as suggested by Pugs. Looks fantastic !!!!

Going to use the recipe and give it a try too smile

Lynn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Oh man! I've been to the Olive Garden twice in my life, and both times it was the worst crap I'd ever tasted. Had soup both times, too. Now, the last time I was there was over ten years ago, so I suppose it's possible they've turned around, but hard to believe.

R
Ron_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Pugs... yes, it was a cream soup.

Hawkeye... I haven't been wild about the Oliver Garden's food, either... I just don't care for pasta all that much and many of their menu items are pasta.

BUTTTTTTTTTTT... man, you GOTTA taste this Chicken Gnocchi Soup... and that's what it was.

Afte eating it, I asked the waitress what the name of the soup was because I wanted to order it again on my next visit, and over all the noise (the place was terribly crowded), it sounded like she said, "Chicken GOTCHA Soup". I repeated, "Chicken GOTCHA Soup?"... and she said, "No... Chicken (garbled) Soup, but just call it Chicken and dumpling soup and they'll know what you mean!"

Now I can see the spelling and fully understand why it sounded like she called it "Chicken GOTCHA Soup"... or at least that's how it sounded.

Pug... THANK YOU... THANK YOU... THANK YOU soooooo much for finding the soup recipe. I'm gonna make it as soon as I can get the ingredients. I've made a dozen or more "chicken-based" soups, but I've never had any chicken soup that was as excellent as this one!!! smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

IC B2

G
G
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
I looked up Olive Garden in Dayton, Ohio and came up with the following: http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/menu/Default.asp?server_path=/menus/dinner/soups_salads/

It is the Chicken & Gnocchi Soup as suggested by Pugs. Looks fantastic !!!!

Going to use the recipe and give it a try too smile

Lynn

They must've taken this recipe off the site, I can't find it would you mind posting the recipe here?

Thanks laugh

Last edited by gnocchijunkie; 10/29/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Olive Garden in Joplin, MO, next to Sam's, is one of our favorite places to eat. We have tried several of them in KC, but without much luck. I like their Pasta E [bleep] soup. Wifey buys Gnocchi at an Italian market near here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Enjoy smile

Olive Garden Chicken & Gnocchi Soup

1 cup chicken chicken, cooked and diced (I add 2 cups)
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups cream
� cup celery, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
� cup carrots, finely shredded
� cup onion, finely diced
1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
� teaspoon thyme
� teaspoon parsley
Freshly grated parmesan cheese � optional
1 pound potato gnocchi - can buy this in the gourmet section of many supermarkets.

Saut� the onion, celery, garlic, spinach, carrots in the olive oil till the onion is nearly translucent. Add the chicken, chicken broth, and spices. Bring to a boil. Slowly add the gnocchi into the boiling broth. Turn down the heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.

(If you want a thicker soup, add 1 tablespoon corn starch to the cream before you add it into the broth). Add the cream. Slowly allow the mixture to come to a boil and then turn it off.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by croldfort
I like their Pasta E [bleep] soup.

Olive Garden [bleep] Soup

1 lb ground beef (I usually use 1/2 lb)
1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
1 lrg carrot, julienned (1 cup) sometimes I grate mine
1 stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, with liquid
1 15 oz can red kidney beans, with liquid
1 15 oz can northern beans, with liquid
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 12 oz can V-8 juice
1 TBL white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 pkg Ditali pasta (short macaroni tubes)

Brown the beef in a large saucepan. Drain off fat, if any. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and saute for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and simmer for 1 hour. About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook pasta according to directions until al dente, or slightly tough, about 10 minutes. Drain. Add the pasta to the soup and simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve. Serves 8.

If you find that it is too tomatoey, add some water until you find a taste you like.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've had their chicken gnocchi soup before and I too like it a lot. Will be making this soon.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That looks very good. Almost identical ingrediants to my [bleep] recipe. I don't use tomato juice. I do use chili powder and chicken broth. My dry Ditali pasta simply goes into the pot about 1 hr before serving. If I have smoked sausage in the fridge, some of it is cut into small cubes and added, also.

I have a 6 qt roaster. It works good for this. I cut and bag the ingrediants, and make it on fishing trips. It can simmer all PM and pasta can be added after I return in the evening. Served with bread and cold drinks, it is always a hit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
croldfort,

If you like a soup with smoked sausage, you have to give this recipe a try some time. I made it this week, and it was simply amazing. It was hearty and had a very earthy favour.

I found it on this website, one of my favorites for really great recipes. Give it a click, I swear the soup looks exactly as pictured and tastes amazing as I said:

http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2011/10/farmer-sausage-borscht-for-crowd.html

I halved the recipe.

I did not add the dill as I am allergic to it.

I also did not allow it to cook on high as it is said it will stick to the bottom of the pot and scorch.

FARMER'S SAUSAGE BORSCHT

1 1/2 rings smoked farmer sausage or 3 pounds of other smoked mild sausage
2 jumbo onions diced fine
12 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
10 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 - 48 ounce cans diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons "Better than Bouillon" vegetable base (look by the bouillon cubes)
1 tablespoon salt
2 chili peppers diced fine (I used fresh but you can use 2 teaspoons of dried chili peppers)
2 medium cabbages, quartered and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1 packet of fresh dill weed (in the produce section) chopped fine

Brown the farmer sausage and onion in your very large stock pot until nicely browned.

Add 2 cups of water to de-glaze the bottom of the pot and simmer for 10 minutes while you prepare vegetables.

Add all the rest of the vegetables and seasonings but the cabbage and dill weed in order.

Stir well.

Add the cabbage last, filling your pot up two inches from the top.

Add water to come level with the top of the cabbage.

Bring to a boil and add in the chopped dill weed.

Simmer and stir occasionally on low heat for 4 hours.

Serves 25

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miss Lynn

As usual some really great recipes. I plan on the sausage soup these days off. I have some heavy smoked deer that will be just the ticket. I use it instead of andouille in gumbo.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 61 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.