Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#15038384 07/10/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Three title bouts on Fight Island. Any else tuning in?

Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal
Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway
Petr Yan vs. José Aldo
Jéssica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
Amanda Ribas vs. Paige VanZant

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is it on ESPN? If it is, then I'll likely be able to watch it on our TSN.

Last edited by AB2506; 07/10/20.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's a pay per view. The local sports bar shows it for free so I watch every time.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I will be watching the prelims. It's started.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Main fight was a major snoozer watching Usman hump his opponent's leg for 5 rounds. I was glad to see Rose win though. Aldo should retire.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I am just a poor working cuss, at 80 some bucks for the fight, then you have to “join” ESPN+ for 50 bucks <for 1 year> I do not watch enough ESPN to justify the cost, have not paid for a UFC fight since McGregor was in his prime.
If I want to watch a MMA fight, I will just tell me wife that she is “prettier then Greg Maddox”, then I get an up close and personal view of a fight at no cost.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Main fight was a major snoozer watching Usman hump his opponent's leg for 5 rounds. I was glad to see Rose win though. Aldo should retire.

Ive never understood why if one doesnt like or appreciate grappling, why watch mma? Muay Thai or kickboxing both allow one strike to a grounded opponent. Usman fought a smart fight. Wore Jorge down then let his hands go. Great fight plan.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I had a pirated live feed but passed out with the phone in my hand because I couldn't sync it to my TV.

Felt like a Boomer.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Ive never understood why if one doesnt like or appreciate grappling, why watch mma? Muay Thai or kickboxing both allow one strike to a grounded opponent. Usman fought a smart fight. Wore Jorge down then let his hands go. Great fight plan.

I did wrestling and judo so I appreciate grappling. I just hate Usman and wanted him to lose. But also found it boring. Just because I can agree it was smart strategy, doesn't make it an exciting fight for me.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Got suckered into going to see the wifes relatives so only got to see the main event. Looked to me like that weight cut really affected Masvidal badly. Didn't seem to have nearly the energy or gas tank he usually has. Still, he hung in there and didn't get wrecked like many predicted.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hate it when a guy that I despise gets a last minute fill in that you know is gonna be gassed after one round. Usman got off easy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RichardAustin

I did wrestling and judo so I appreciate grappling. I just hate Usman and wanted him to lose. But also found it boring. Just because I can agree it was smart strategy, doesn't make it an exciting fight for me.

Fair enough I don't like usman either but we better get used to him as the guy that could beati retired

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I actually thought Covington fought him even until the last round which Usman won. Other than politics, there's no reason he shouldn't get a rematch. Hell, the only fight he lost was the title match and I thought he lost that by one round.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 63 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.