Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Circle Flies

Although my birthday was a few days ago, my wife and I just went out today for my birthday meal of Filet and Shrimp at Longhorn's in Easley, SC.

We were enjoying our delicious meal when a customer nearby asked the server to get the manager. When the manager arrived the woman loudly complained about how her asparagus was prepared, wasn't fit to eat, and that her sister was a professional chef and she knew this was not properly prepared. She went on and on about not getting enough refills and finally ended with complaining about not being able to eat her meal because of all the gnats swarming around her face.

The Lady manager kept her cool, calmed things down, and walked away. I thought it was someone looking for a free meal or a huge discount.

When our server brought our check, I asked whether the disgruntled customer got her free meal. She said, "Oh, no. This manager doesn't play that game!"

Since they left no tip, we tipped a little extra. But, that wasn't enough. This brought to mind a joke about the fellow getting stopped by a State Trooper for speeding. The entire time the Trooper was writing the ticket, flies kept circling his face as he swatted at them. Finally, the speeder said those were "circle flies" after you. Trooper says, "What are circle flies?" Speeder says, "They circle around a horse's a** in the pasture." Trooper asks, "Are you calling me a horse's a**?"

Speeder says,"No Sir!!!! But it's hard to fool them circle flies!!!"

On our way out, I asked for the manager and thanked her for a wonderful meal and service. I mentioned sitting near the rude customer and told her the circle fly story. She got a good belly laugh and said, "So, those were circle flies that lady was swatting? I can't wait to tell this story to my crew!" LOL

Didn't cost a penny to thank her and leave her laughing. I know I felt better.

NRA Life VHA Life
US Army Security Agency (72-77)
US Army INSCOM (77-79)
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karen’s sister is always a professional chef.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
How does Longhorn's compare to say......Applebees?

Fewer TV's?

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
My son is a chef. He’s heard all the dodges to get free meals and sometimes they actually do screw up and will comp it.

The one he likes to tell is an older couple came in and shortly after they got their order they called the waitress over and complained about something on the wife’s plate. So the waitress takes it back and they do another plate.

Meanwhile, the husband is sitting there not eating, so when they bring out the wife’s new plate, he complains that his food is now cold. You can see where this is going.

The waitress takes the husband’s plate back to my son and tells him what happened. My son goes out to the couple and politely says, “Unfortunately, it looks like we’re not going to be able to satisfy you today. So, we’re happy to cover your drinks and we hope you can find a better meal elsewhere.” and then showed them the door.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I did that to a few of my prospective boat customers.

MOLON LABE
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
How does Longhorn's compare to say......Applebees?

Fewer TV's?

Rustic but more upscale menu. As always, service and quality varies with management. Our favorite place on Lake Hartwell is shut down until Covid clears out but Longhorns is a good backup.

NRA Life VHA Life
US Army Security Agency (72-77)
US Army INSCOM (77-79)
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
During college, my son worked as a waiter in a nice restaurant here. He was quite good at it, unfortunately TOO good. They had a policy that if a customer wasn't happy, their meal was free. Of course they knew who the chronic bitchers were and when one of them came in, they'd put their best people on them to make them happy. However, the bitchers were also the worst tippers, usually nothing at all. My son was one of the waiters who got the bitchers and he hated it. He did twice the work but didn't get the money. He finally told the boss that he wasn't going to do any more of them unless he got a bitcher bonus to replace the tip. The boss agreed.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've been told a story, customers were unhappy in a Chinse place, wanted to talk to owner. The read him the riot act about how bad the food was. The Chinaman stood there smiling all the while. When the owner left, the waitress tole them, you know, he does not understand a word of English.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Karen’s sister is always a professional chef.

Or a doctor.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
771 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 79 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.