-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I have no experience with holosun products so i didn’t know what to expect. It seems to be a solidly built red dot. We’ll see how it holds up but since it’s on a plinker and not my work gun it should last a very long time. The reticles and glass are crystal clear.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Screw China all-the-way-around. I just divorced ChinaMart last week for good. No mas hombres.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shootem
Screw China all-the-way-around. I just divorced ChinaMart last week for good. No mas hombres.

Lol. How are you accessing the WWW? Might want to check your phone, tablet, laptop, PC, router, modem.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by shootem

Lol. How are you accessing the WWW? Might want to check your phone, tablet, laptop, PC, router, modem.

Doing my best and b-i-itching about the rest.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
"My house gun has a PRO on it and another has an EOTech EXPS2-0" I always liked the eothings, just never liked to have to turn it on. Have they evolved to the state of perhaps Leupold where they have an auto on feature when the gun is moved??? it might make more sense to me then

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
EO vs PRO

I have the same models you do and I think battery life is highly over rated on the PRO. Yes my buddy has one that has been on for over 4 years in setting 7. Thing is setting 7 is fine for in the house dark, hit a bright light and you’ll lose the dot. So for any real use you have to turn it up.

Why is it so hard To punch the EO button and be at the last setting you left it on? My EO is still on the same batteries from when I bought it 3 years ago.

I happen to like both but I think EOTech gets hammered in things that AP gets a pass.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No experience with the 510 but have a 507C on a Canik TP9SFX pistol that has held up really well so far. I love the features it offers. It was a budget optic for a budget pistol. So far I haven't found any short comings with either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Holosun 510C and I am very impressed with it. I like the bigger field of view. Similar to an Eotech.It is for rifles not pistols. It has a shake awake feature so I can leave it on and it turns off then turns on when picked up.Nice feature for a carbine by the bedside. It has a solar feature which was not a big selling point to me. It is made of aluminum and has a titanium hood cover the lens top and sides.It also has a QD mount. It has 3 reticle options.red dot,red dot with 65 MOA circle like Eotech and a 65 MOA circle with no dot.
Here is a link to a toture test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkidkACagoc

Last edited by Marshhawk; 11/01/20.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One other thing I forgot is that the reticle is crystal clear. No fuzziness like Eotech. I think it is just another option for us shooters. It may not be as good as an Eotech but at this time it is serving it's purpose. I do have an Aimpoint Pro that would get the nod when the zombies come:)

Bill

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I carry a Trijicon RMR everyday on my G34 duty weapon ( dot stays lit 24/7 and battery change every year ) and a MRO on my AR. I've had zero issues in 2 years with the RMR and 4-5 with the MRO. Are there other good units out in the market, absolutely. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your choice.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

195 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 35, 22 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,224
Posts18,447,532
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.