Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Our liberal public education system is taking it's toll. They preach anti-gun, anti-Christian, anti-American. Little by little our kids are learning it wrong.

Yep that's so true, anti-hunting, anti meat eating Bambi huggers for teachers, lead is poison & gun's are bad, being a democrat is the way.
We're nothing but old farts who didn't know any better.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I'm coming up on 74. In 10 days I'll be caribou hunting up in the mountains N. of Fairbanks.. Looks like rain.

It isn't that I can't hunt in the rain. It's the gun care afterward/during.

Wishing me for some of them there black guns with shiny-ass actions and barrels.

Best I can do for the weather is POS-wood stocked 725, blued receiver, stainless barrel.

Thinking strongly of going old school. Really old school! I mean, if it was good enough for them back in the day.....

I know where there's a nice dry cave overlooking a 400 yard slope below, ala caveman style. Not far from Trump rock. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] smile

Probably be foggy tho, with my luck.

Originally Posted by hookeye
I like blued steel and walnut and have dinged up a few.
Preference is for synthetic stocks these days.
Have gotten a little more clumsy as ive aged.

I've dinged them all up. smile

Last edited by las; 08/02/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
I dont feel old as much as I feel like I am being left behind. Things are changing and I liked things better the way they were. Guns that are blued steel and walnut. Leather holsters, boots and gloves. Wool jackets. Strike anywhere matches. Canvas wall tents. Coleman lanterns that make that hissing sound. Pumping up the Coleman stove. ......

the main thing is to get out there and use the gear you like. no point having it sitting in the closet, garage or shed.

can always buy a lion tag over the counter and get out in the back country. or take a rifle along wood cutting for a possible coyote.

these will be the good old days someday, make the most of them.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’m 74 and have two grown sons, ages 50 and 47. When they were in high school and college in Michigan they both hunted deer with me and were both successful. When they graduated from college they both moved to Chicago for work and got married and started families. I now have 3 grandsons ages 14,13 and 10. The two older grandsons are both tall athletic basketball players which conflicts with deer season. My granddaughter is 17 and used to shoot archery with me when she was a pre-teen. Like her brothers she became a star basketball and volleyball player and plays on an Elite volleyball squad that plays year around all over the country. My last hope is my 10 year old grandson. He is a star soccer player but has expressed an interest in shooting and hunting. I gave him (via his dad) a Match Air Rifle, a kid’s.22 single shot and a Ruger Model 1 in .223. This week he and I were watching the Olympics and I told him I could train him to be an Olympic calibre rifle shooter. I have an Anschutz 1407 and an Anschutz 1413 plus a virtually unlimited supply of Match ammo courtesy of shooting many years for the All Army Reserve Rifle Team. I was the Honor Graduate of the 1975 All Army Rifle Instructors and Coaches Clinic and have trained and coached a number of world class shooters. I became a Distinguished Rifleman over 35 years ago and have placed in a few matches at Camp Perry back in the day.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be 60 next month and my whole life I have had problems conversing on an intelligent level with people about guns.... very few have intimate knowledge. I don't see this as a new phenomenon

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by irfubar
I will be 60 next month and my whole life I have had problems conversing on an intelligent level with people about guns.... very few have intimate knowledge. I don't see this as a new phenomenon

You prolly don’t know what you think you know, hence the struggle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by irfubar

You prolly don’t know what you think you know, hence the struggle.

I would be happy to compare bona fides with you.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,376
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.