Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by worriedman
Render unto Caesar...States have a lot more guns than the average person.

I can remember in TN when nobody could carry a loaded firearm legally, because the General Assembly violates their oath. We became a State in 1796, the GA passed its first gun control bill in 1801 and it is still on our books. Permit in 1994 changed that, been working to get it right ever since.

You either obey the law or you are a criminal. One can work to change the law, but till it is changed, you either obey them or are a criminal if you don't.

Which law to follow, the law legally passed or the "law" illegally passed?

Does that distinction make any difference to you?

Regards

BP-B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Render unto Caesar...States have a lot more guns than the average person.

I can remember in TN when nobody could carry a loaded firearm legally, because the General Assembly violates their oath. We became a State in 1796, the GA passed its first gun control bill in 1801 and it is still on our books. Permit in 1994 changed that, been working to get it right ever since.

You either obey the law or you are a criminal. One can work to change the law, but till it is changed, you either obey them or are a criminal if you don't.

Regards

And then there is that pesky 2A supreme law of the land.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Problem isn't that real Americans don't follow the Constitution.

Problem is the government doesn't, and it'll kill you ta prove that point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Regards

If you want to walk about carrying a firearm for your own protection, I would suggest that you follow the law as passed where you are at the moment. You can get very dead very quick if you don't.

The advantage we have in the US is the ability to vote with our feet. Don't like the law where you are, you can go to a place that it is different, up to and including Vermont that has no restrictions.

Also, if you don't like what the pols have done at the behest of the Chamber of Commerce where you are, you can do one of two things, work hard to change it, or accept it.

To violate a carry restriction makes us no better than a thief or a murderer. How do you parse obeying one law and not another?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
There are places one can't carry without a permit I'm thinking.
Permits are for loser's
Bingo
Mother, may I?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I

Regards

If you want to walk about carrying a firearm for your own protection, I would suggest that you follow the law as passed where you are at the moment. You can get very dead very quick if you don't.

The advantage we have in the US is the ability to vote with our feet. Don't like the law where you are, you can go to a place that it is different, up to and including Vermont that has no restrictions.

Also, if you don't like what the pols have done at the behest of the Chamber of Commerce where you are, you can do one of two things, work hard to change it, or accept it.

To violate a carry restriction makes us no better than a thief or a murderer. How do you parse obeying one law and not another?

Is this a serious reply?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
There are places one can't carry without a permit I'm thinking.

There are towns where possession of a loaded mag without even a gun will land you in jail if you don't have the permit/license.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

Regards

Is this a serious reply?

It is. Committing a crime is a crime (some are worse than others, granted) but if you teach your kids to pick and choose which laws to obey instead of obeying them all you condone law breaking. Where do you stop.

Is it not better to work to improve the legislation than to just tell them to break the law?

Most States say their General Assembly sets the laws, if you refuse to follow them regarding carry, which is normally a high caliber misdemeanor, or even a felony in some places, does that make us better than other criminals?

I do not agree with 90% of the firearms regs, but they are in fact the law.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Worriedman is correct. Most are carrying permit or not though. Illegal to go on school grounds to pick your kid up with a gun in your vehicle, retarded law. As far as cops go, some are OK, some are bums. A crooked cop is worse than a crooked crook.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Knowing that chilinstructor teaches concealed carry classes affirms everything I thought about him.

LOL

LMAO.

Drunk posting and spewing lies as per usual.
Evidently It’s all a washed up blowhard Ex-Cop Alcoholic’s got left.

It must’ve affected what little reading comprehension you might have once had.

But feel free to post up any statement where I said I still teach CHL or LTC courses.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Knowing that chilinstructor teaches concealed carry classes affirms everything I thought about him.

LOL

LMAO.

But feel free to post up any statement where I said I still teach CHL or LTC courses.

And you named yourself based on that “accomplishment.”

LOL

Fugking loser.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LOL

LMAO.

And you named yourself based on that “accomplishment.”

LOL

Fugking loser.

LMAO. Name calling and deflection. It’s what loser drunks do when they’ve lost the debate. 🤪🤣😂

Time for another ride on the manbun scooter and the 2nd beer run of the day. #ToomanyDUI’sToDrive

Good thing Scooters don’t require a DL. 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
335 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,132 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,729
Posts18,400,838
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.