24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
BP-B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kinda looks like someone off camera with a key fob

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think you're right.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Its b.s.,i tried it years,ago when some num nuts posted it on you tube.thses idiots have nothing better to do than post nonsense and giggle that people try it and it won t work.internet trolls,sad,bored, stupid people that need to get a life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nonsense. This same stunt DID fool millions online several years ago, using a tennisball with a hole in it, instead of the plunger. I KNOW locks, and this is hogwash.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So how safe is my new keyless entry? I have trouble trusting it. A bit spooky...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Plunger salesmen have no shame.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On my new Jeep, if I lock it with key fob and unlock with the key, damn alarm goes off. So just use the fob all the time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Pull a door panel off and look at how the lock and latch assembly works, and you can quickly see this is nonsense

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ah you have never heard of electronics then. Lock with key fob, then unlock with the key, alarm goes off.
If you ever travel down this way, I'll let you hear it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Ah you have never heard of electronics then. Lock with key fob, then unlock with the key, alarm goes off.

Was responding to OP

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Was responding to OP

Fair enough, but it captured my handle. So I guess sorry.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On my new Jeep, if I lock it with key fob and unlock with the key, damn alarm goes off. So just use the fob all the time.

My neighbor has the same issue, and since English is not thier first language, I was called to assist. It is designed that way. Using the fob to lock the car sets the alarm. Using the key wirhout cutting the alarm will set it off. This prevents stealing your car by slimjim or lock picks.
As to "how secure is my fob?" There are more cars than there are codes, so duplications do occur. It is possible, to drive around a parking lot full of cars, and one might respond to your fob. There is a worse issue with the proximity keys, than the fobs. There is a very cheap range extender that thieves can carry, and your keys inside the house will unlock the doors and start the engine.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am sure if anyone would know how, that little gook gang banger in the video would know for sure!!!!!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mohick
I am sure if anyone would know how, that little gook gang banger in the video would know for sure!!!!!!!!

That stunt requires nothing more than an off camera remote key fob. Same stunt started with a video using a tennis ball with a hole in it. Fooled millions of folks into thinking air pressure would open the lock.
Another stunt was "using a key fob over the phone" (not possible),

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I have one of those. I'll give it a try on my car today and see if it works. Hope not.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kellory
Nonsense. This same stunt DID fool millions online several years ago, using a tennisball with a hole in it, instead of the plunger. I KNOW locks, and this is hogwash.

That's a relief. I won't bother trying it, then.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A lot of them are that way. I hate having a fob in my pocket and never carry one for the car. It took me a long time to break my wife of locking the car with hers. It would set off the alarm every time I needed the car. All it takes to lock it manually is a push of 1 button on the door panel.

My Dodge pickup has the key built into the fob so I have that cussed thing in my pocket all the time. I'm constantly locking the pickup door when I bend over. I tried to get one made that would open doors and start it without the fob but it's wired so they can't do it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A lot of them are that way. I hate having a fob in my pocket and never carry one for the car. It took me a long time to break my wife of locking the car with hers. It would set off the alarm every time I needed the car. All it takes to lock it manually is a push of 1 button on the door panel.

My Dodge pickup has the key built into the fob so I have that cussed thing in my pocket all the time. I'm constantly locking the pickup door when I bend over. I tried to get one made that would open doors and start it without the fob but it's wired so they can't do it.

correct, it is part of the security now. you can, however, use a valet key to unlock the door, but it will not unlock a glovebox on the same car. (keeps your valuables private.)
after market remote starter kits, in most cases, require one of the chipped keys to become installed in the system.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,732 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,928
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.