Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

my ole '09 Rhino with 27" 14"s goes just fine w/o PS.........

IF.........I were in the market for a new SxS.........

PS may be looked at........quads in these parts are old school...........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I tend to get lazy in my RZR with PS. It has steel doors which I've padded so I have a good arm rest. I find myself one handing it on things where I should use both.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a really disgusting picture of my hand that I won't post from hitting a stump with my mule while I was going probably too fast and looking behind me to see which way the log I was dragging was going. It jerked the wheel, jerked the suicide knob out of my hand, and the suicide knob bracket smashed my index and middle finger knuckles wide open.

As wildhobbybobby said, PS wouldn't help, and in my case probably be even worse because I'd probably still use a suicide knob and drive it even stupider than I do now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know how you guys drive these sxs with a suicide knob, one of my buddies has one on his Rhino and every now and then he hits something and I don't know he doesn't end up with a broken hand. I tend to drive with my hands open and not wrapped around the steering wheel, though sometimes I forget and that's usually when I hit something solid.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Instead of saying "hold my beer and watch this" I can just say "watch this."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can you buy an after-market PS kit for an older Grizzly ?, seems like a tight fit with all the crap under there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Can you buy an after-market PS kit for an older Grizzly ?, seems like a tight fit with all the crap under there.
Yes. https://www.superatv.com/shop/yamaha/grizzly

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
OK, after mulling over the cost of having PS installed on my 06 660 Rhino I took the plunge. At 80 and with bad shoulders I figured what ta heck, its only money. Got the kit ($599) and had a good mechanic friend put it in. Wow!, what a difference. You can steer it with your little finger. The money spent took the place of a 243 I was looking at but it was monies well spent. My Daughter Sandi will also love it as she does most of the driving when we are Turkey hunting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by coyote268
OK, after mulling over the cost of having PS installed on my 06 660 Rhino I took the plunge. At 80 and with bad shoulders I figured what ta heck, its only money. Got the kit ($599) and had a good mechanic friend put it in. Wow!, what a difference. You can steer it with your little finger. The money spent took the place of a 243 I was looking at but it was monies well spent. My Daughter Sandi will also love it as she does most of the driving when we are Turkey hunting.

Best argument yet for it. I'd love it if my old quad was more comfortable to drive, but don't want to sacrifice 4 wheeling ability to get it. All the newer machines seem bigger, higher, heavier, and more expensive than I want. Although they float like a friggen caddy compared to my old Honda. But the old Honda really goes in the rough stuff, has a very low center of gravity, starts in any weather, runs cheap, never breaks down, does not have a low range and a bunch of levers to mess with, just point and go. Everybody seems to be building the next biggest, baddest machine, when sometimes smaller is more capable. I've hauled an entire quartered 5 point bull, two guys, and all gear out of a canyon on a Honda 300 4x4, so it's hard to ask for better bang for the buck. And hearing about machines not running or starting scares the crap out of me the places I go. I have a pull start backup and manual transmission so it can even roll start if the battery dies. Can't do that with all the electronic crap they load the machines down with now.

But power steering and IFS would be nice.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even if you're still a young buck and can 'get over' the wrist snap that sometimes comes with whacking a root, root, or [bleep]head on your wheeler, at some point, God willing, you won't be a young buck anymore and whatever you did to your joints will come back to remind you. Power steering is a boon to those who have lived well along the way.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 49 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,184
Posts18,465,685
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.