-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my day that would be a Hull Tech's nightmare. I can imagine snaking out used tampons.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by atvalaska
"""Thus, men who use a water closet are more likely to miss the bowl and hit the floor, says Kaufman."""" Did we fund this study??...YOU can't hit a minimum 12"bowl of water with your pee shooter at 18/24" inches....... U got issues

When was the last time you took a piss in 45 foot seas?

Good point. I think I'll sit down to think it over!

Unless there is some heavy chit going on, 1 minute vs 2 doesn't seem to be much of a factor to me, but then I've never served.

Pun intended or no? Either way I got a laugh!

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by trplem
Wouldn't it be even more efficient to have male personnel go over the side?

Who you calling a male, mo-fo?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The sailors and sailorettes are going to be screwing like minks below decks in their new unisex quarters.
Sad to see the Navy deteriorate in this manner, as the Feminists take our country over.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by rlott
Ford has a vacuum system that's a little different than most ships in that it uses saltwater instead of fresh water. Vacuum systems use a lot less water per flush which has several benefits.

I don't know what ships you sail on but they are all salt water flush except for the ones in the brig which is fresh water so the prisoners can't make themselves sick drinking salt water.

This is a non-issue people. When is the last time anyone has seen a urinal on a Navy ship? Exactly because they aren't and haven't been there. They started removing urinals off ships back around 2001. They stink so they put the pucks in there which clogged the plumbing along with the dip and other trash Sailors threw in them. They also wouldn't work with any VCHT system which all current ships are built with. Urinal-less is not exclusive to the Ford, it is and has been fleet wide.

-Piss into the wind.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
KSmith: You also miss the point. It has nothing to do with a better system, it's all about social engineering.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The medium dry dock I was on, built in the early 40's and originally deployed at Ulithi, had a long trough as a urinal. It was about 8 feet long and had a constant flow of salt water. I changed the spray pipe on that twice and the discharge once. Simple thing, it just went over the side. But you had to go in the bilge tank to change it. Since that bilge was so large it literally took longer to vent it than to change the pipe. The drain never got clogged with debris, Mostly accumulated salt. The spray pipe we had to make. Just a 1/2" pipe with a bunch of holes drilled in a line.

I did see a Machinist Mate take an azz wiping for throwing cigarette butts in it. The single Boatswain Mate that cleaned all of birthing didn't care for taking butts out of the urinal. That Boatswain Mate, big and ugly, fit the nickname " Deck Ape".

Last edited by Armednfree; 07/25/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by P_Weed
Last thing I'd need on a boat is a urinal - redundant!

Weed, I got one for my fishing boat. Too old and unsteady to try standing at the edge and trying to piss in the water.

I'm talking boat here, not ship.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The 637 class submarine I was on didn't have a chit pump, some of the newer boats did. Once the sanitary tank started getting full you isolated it, pressurized it with air, and opened a valve to sea to blow the tank over the side. One time we had a new nub that didn't want to go to sea, so he threw a pair of underwear down the chitter. Of course it got stuck in the valve. Which required divers going over the side to put a flange on the hull over the valve, a Subsafe work package to pull the valve (one of my first Subsafe packages as a new QA) and rebuild it, and our underway was delayed a day or two. IDK what that nub was thinking. The underwear he chunked in it was boot camp underwear with his name stenciled on them. He was gone off the boat so fast I never knew what ended up happening to him. Anyways, I can just imagine the problems caused by feminine products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KSMITH
Originally Posted by rlott
Ford has a vacuum system that's a little different than most ships in that it uses saltwater instead of fresh water. Vacuum systems use a lot less water per flush which has several benefits.

I don't know what ships you sail on but they are all salt water flush except for the ones in the brig which is fresh water so the prisoners can't make themselves sick drinking salt water.

Two of the ships I was on had standard, saltwater flush gravity systems. Everything leaked, stunk and was rusty and falling apart. The other 5 had vacuum systems that had slight differences, but they all were designed to use fresh water as the flushing medium. They can be aligned to saltwater if needed, but that rarely happens these days. The new DDG's even use fresh water in the firemain.

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.