Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One of, if not THE best article written on the subject.

Link

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Getting rid of men on their way to pale vitamin d lacking useless genderless blobs of tallow that every whim is met with the push of a button or voice command. mad sick

utopia? yeah right!

Trump Won!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
sometimes i wonder if those at the top even believe there could ever be another war. that is, there'd be no way to survive a large scale nuclear or landforces. they believe that the way things use to be are slipping away, or have already slipped away. something about not being in kansas anymore

it's long been discussed that top level military generals & admirals are bureaucrats. if they were in the corporate world, they'd run divisions of marketing, finance, personnel, etc. something to do with hierarchy or something when the military budget is so large (& unwieldy).

there's probably lot's of military studies filed in the pentagon file drawers that would sadden & frighten nearly everyone. no wonder it's not talked about.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nice careers and pensions in the five figures per month, keep everyone in line and compromising right on out the door. And that doesn't even include the huge consulting jobs they'll get after retirement for not rocking the boat.

Generals and even colonels are no different than anyone else. Money corrupts and more importantly, it insulates one from the consequences of your own decisions. Much easier to sell your country down the road from inside a gated community than outside.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
OUTSTANDING!!

No 'pulled punches' in that article!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll take exception at a blanket condemnation at the 0-6 level and even up to Two Stars. Why? because that retirement is statutory, whilst three star and above has to be submitted by the President and approved by the Senate.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Spotlights can be terribly inconvenient sometimes. Perhaps if more of our men were men 100% of the wenches would be pregnant.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
barack hussein had at the top of his list, the destruction of America's Military. Working with career Pentagon hacks, and a host of legislators, both GOP and dhimmicrat, he was pretty dang successful. Appointing folks like Ray Mabus, Ashton Carter, Eric Fanning and other Defense Secretaries, the destruction was thorough, long range, and damned hard to rectify.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/19/17.

Sam......

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Defends tailhook and takes a jab at Mattis....sounds like a fugging tool to me.

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by readonly
Defends tailhook and takes a jab at Mattis....sounds like a fugging tool to me.

Were you at Tailhook? do you KNOW what happened? Do you KNOW there was not a SINGLE judicial proceeding after that witch hunt? I could go on, but why embarrass you. As to Mattis, can you refute any of the things (facts) he wrote?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Nice careers and pensions in the five figures per month, keep everyone in line and compromising right on out the door. And that doesn't even include the huge consulting jobs they'll get after retirement for not rocking the boat.

Generals and even colonels are no different than anyone else. Money corrupts and more importantly, it insulates one from the consequences of your own decisions. Much easier to sell your country down the road from inside a gated community than outside.

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is all correctable, you just don't what to hear how. The next big shooting war we get involved in will expose the weekness and losses will force the change. Hard lesson that social engineer does not belong in the military.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hatari
This is all correctable, you just don't what to hear how. The next big shooting war we get involved in will expose the weekness and losses will force the change. Hard lesson that social engineer does not belong in the military.

i think i understand the part in the bolded commentary. the rest kinda reminds me of what i might write in a less lucid moment.

the point that many folks are buying into is that the human race has gone beyond the capacity to engage in a large-scale shooting war. plenty of regional wars left, maybe?

those regional shootouts would be backed by the russian, chinese, iranian franchise on the one side, and the American Patriots on the other side. we're talking about fights over resources, ok? don't want to confuse anyone, so i'm just sayin.

still, large scale global warfare would remain taboo. not only can't we use nuclear weaponry, we can't even field massive land forces to sweep across a countryside. the roman empire could do this, inside and around the edges of the empire. and it worked with contract/slave mercenaries on occasion, until it didn't.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by hatari

i think i understand the part in the bolded commentary. the rest kinda reminds me of what i might write in a less lucid moment.

the point that many folks are buying into is that the human race has gone beyond the capacity to engage in a large-scale shooting war. plenty of regional wars left, maybe?

those regional shootouts would be backed by the russian, chinese, iranian franchise on the one side, and the American Patriots on the other side. we're talking about fights over resources, ok? don't want to confuse anyone, so i'm just sayin.

still, large scale global warfare would remain taboo. not only can't we use nuclear weaponry, we can't even field massive land forces to sweep across a countryside. the roman empire could do this, inside and around the edges of the empire. and it worked with contract/slave mercenaries on occasion, until it didn't.

With the new Big Bombs you can get the power of a NUKE without the radiation problems.Yes there will be more large scale wars.The human population will be adjusted by war or by nature.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The reality may be that we have more "advanced" weapons than 2000 years ago, but winning a war takes an Old Testament mindset.

Sorry snowflakes. It ain't pretty.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Huntz
With the new Big Bombs you can get the power of a NUKE without the radiation problems.Yes there will be more large scale wars.The human population will be adjusted by war or by nature.

The biggest "regular" bomb isn't even close to what smashed Hiroshima. That nuke was about 1000 times more powerful than a MOAB, and a thermonuclear weapon could be on the order of 100,000 times more powerful.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it will be based upon the fact if anyone has the "heart" for war. ya know? ol YHWH instructed his hebrew friends/clients/followers/slaves to impose his view upon the world. and that worked for a spell.

but, we've become more and more civilized, more forgiving if you will.

the american empire probably won't go down easily, and certainly not before there's some "system" waiting in the shadows to support the newest ideology.

it's a tough subject; causes people to wonder where they are, and what are they doing here? seriously, until there are 20 million at a time being exterminated, killed, transitioned, eliminated most of the world won't lift an eye brown. so, regional wars could still be worth investing in, global war not so much.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in Colorado Springs where there are lots of retired military and lots of active duty military from two major military bases and the US Air Force Academy. Based upon my observations of those individuals that I meet, the article is off base. I find our current soldiers and airmen to be pretty conservative and for the most part ready for action. After all their mission at these bases, is readiness. Both bases have deployed bunches of guys to Iraq and Afghanistan. They are not hard core jugheads. But just the same, they are ready to do their jobs and for the most part don't like many of the recent pussifications of the military.

KC

Last edited by KC; 09/19/17.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.