Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 1minute
and shooting arrows straight up

When I acquired my first bow, a note on the box said something to the tune of "one can not shoot arrows straight up." In my mind, that sounded like a challenge and I instantly took it on. As the arrow disappeared from sight, I immediately questioned the wisdom of that action. I froze in place and the arrow landed 20 or 30 yds to one side never to be repeated.

As to the root question, experience is by far the best teacher. A description of an electric fence jolt simply does not cut it. One must have the experience.

To truly experience that Jolt one needs to urinate on said fence, brings your whole life into perspective...................:)

We lived, because we did not push things to that fatal edge. When the results hurt, we recognized that expanding the limits would only hurt more. So far though, I'd do it all over again.

Last edited by wyoming260; 09/19/17.
BP-B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Christmas night 1969, shot my sis in achillies tendon ( cool and prophetic hey?) with my new 25 lb Ben Pearson. Right thru her new white freakin "Go Go" boot! I got my ass beat down! LOL!!! Just getting even for her setting her diapered ass in my Texaco service station Christmas morning 1961!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
got shot in the chin with a ball bearing out of a wrist rocket, playing army.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The driveway of our elementary school had a long driveway that went around the building and connected the parking area on one side and a paved playground on the other. At the one corner of the building it made a swooping down hill left and back up hill. There was a grass back along that side we used to jump bikes off of all the time. No problems just good clean fun. The one problem occurred at night. The light at the corner of the building only shone to the crest of the hill. I was asked to jump first ,but I was only like 8 and too afraid. My brother was about 15 and wanted to show off to the neighbor girl. When he went off the jump there was an instant piercing screaming. The front wheel had come off his bike in the air. The forks dug in and he had a broken handle bar sticking out of his thigh. Bleed like hell. We got him home and it had missed all the major arteries and had stopped bleeding. My mother refused to take him to the hospital for being "Stupid" !!!!!!

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by T LEE
All of the above and more but I am still here.

Exactamundo! Hardly any home made pyrotechnics were mentioned...... whistle

Those were the days when you could buy saltpeter and sulphur from the local drug store for some homemade black powder laugh

We had a BIG swing in our back yard and we used to take turns being the "airplane" in the swing and an anti-aircraft gunner on the ground using dirt clods for "ammo". One day my younger brother (there were three of us little hellions) was the "airplane" when hit him in the stomach. At the exact moment he started to say "I don't like this gam...", I cut loose with a dirt clod and it went right down the gullet; no teeth, no lips, nothing but right down the throat!!! Of course I was laughing my butt off but that ended when he finally got all the dirt out of his mouth and started yelling, "I'm gonna tell Momma!" Ru roh," D

Another time we were swinging at a tether ball (remember the ball on a rope that was tied to the top of a pole) with baseball bats when the same unlucky brother happened to walk up behind me when I took a swing. WHACK! The bat caught him on the side of the head on the bone right below the temple. Fortunately, the bat was a carved souvenir bat made of some soft wood and it broke, but once again all the fun ended when he ran home yelling "I'm gonna tell Momma, I'm gonna tell Momma!" Lucky for me, my mother wasn't home at the time and the swelling had subsided somewhat by the time she got home. Whew! laugh

Last edited by navlav8r; 09/19/17.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember making mud clods and sticking a Black Cat in them and having "wars" with hand grenades. Had a 22 cal pellet bounce off of a weathered, sawed off pecan tree limb and hit me right between the eyes. Those tree rings sure looked like a good target. Made a bomb by cutting open about 200 black cats with a razor blade (lucky to still have fingers) the blast broke my neighbors window. Also played the hold them till the lat second with firecrackers until one went off between my fingers - throbbed for 3 days. Remember "real" fireworks like TNTs. Parents would be jailed for child abuse for "allowing" such activities today.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Remember making mud clods and sticking a Black Cat in them and having "wars" with hand grenades. Had a 22 cal pellet bounce off of a weathered, sawed off pecan tree limb and hit me right between the eyes. Those tree rings sure looked like a good target. Made a bomb by cutting open about 200 black cats with a razor blade (lucky to still have fingers) the blast broke my neighbors window. Also played the hold them till the lat second with firecrackers until one went off between my fingers - throbbed for 3 days. Remember "real" fireworks like TNTs. Parents would be jailed for child abuse for "allowing" such activities today.

Oh yeah, the firecracker and mudball grenades!

REAL fireworks were the Cherry Bombs and the original M-80's. We used to buy them by the gross smile The neighbors weren't too happy around Christmas and New Years.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A TNT was a M-80 on steroids, fuse in the middle.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 3,118 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.