Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sports Drive-Bys Apoplectic Because the Texans Passed on Kaepernick

The Houston Texans lost their star quarterback, Deshaun Watson. He blew up his ACL in practice. Oh, that’s horrible. You’re out for the year with the ACL. Well, the Drive-Bys, Tony Dungy, Rodney Harrison last Sunday night on the NBC NFL show immediately, “They gotta go Kaepernick, they gotta go. How do you not get Kaepernick? They got a team with the same kind of offense that Kaepernick ran, you gotta get Kaepernick.”

The Drive-Bys, every time a quarterback opening comes, “You gotta get Kaepernick.” And of course Bob McNair, owns the Texans, said we gotta stop letting the inmates run the prison. He was talking about the executives, not the players. But, anyway, the story is that the Houston Texans are gonna go with their current backup quarterback, they’re gonna pass on Kaepernick.
And the Drive-Bys are beside themselves. The Drive-Bys are trying to force this league to hire the anti-American protesting Kaepernick. And so far the league is resisting it, and ESPN’s expected to lay off another 100 people after Thanksgiving so as to lessen the blow. Many of them are gonna be on-camera people. They’re losing subscribers at a rapid rate.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/...because-the-texans-passed-on-kaepernick/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
What I don't get.................how anybody could have watched any NFL football the last 15 yrs.
Not like this latest stunt came out of the blue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only team I ever watched was the Packers, and I haven't missed watching them, especially after Rodgers was hurt. I believe that the boycott has had some affect, but by and large it's not been as effective as I would have liked. People tend to forget, given time, and when the playoffs start, and all the Super Bowl hype begins, viewership will be about the same as it's always been. It will be the hardcore people like most of us, who never really got all that excited about the NFL in the first place, who will continue to boycott.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I don’t watch and I damn sure don’t go!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Who cares?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by McInnis
Butch, if I remember your grandson kicked for WVU a couple of years ago, and was very good. Is he playing in the league now? What's his take on all this?

As far as me, I haven't watched a game this year. They pissed me off too bad and almost everyone I know of my age feels the same way.

Yes Josh kicked in college and had a few All American team things and one of 3 nominated for the Lou Groza award in 2014. Believe it or not he cared little for sports. He saw it as a ticket to his education. Yes he was courted by agents and invited to the kicking camps, just wasn't his deal.

KFWA, Didn't know that you think you know more about our Family than we do. Found out it wasn't that hard to do something else.
Are you a Vet?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I have to say that is one of the things I admire most about your nation...piss on the flag at your own peril.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Now everyone knows what the N stands for with NFL.

Ok, that made me laugh.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
[quote=McInnis]
KFWA, Didn't know that you think you know more about our Family than we do. Found out it wasn't that hard to do something else.
Are you a Vet?

I'm just asking questions, I don't remember offering an opinion on them

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I still order my Corona NFL style

With a lime?

No Fu*king Lime

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Make them all get a real job and 75% would be in prison before 12 months passed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a bad feeling that the pseudo patriots in this country will start getting fatigued by the drama of the whole controversy, and they'll put they entertainment above country soon. I haven't watched all season and don't plan to any time soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Left and the NFL just wait it out and the ratings start drifting back up again.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 11/14/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I have a bad feeling that the pseudo patriots in this country will start getting fatigued by the drama of the whole controversy, and they'll put they entertainment above country soon. I haven't watched all season and don't plan to any time soon. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Left and the NFL just wait it out and the ratings start drifting back up again.

You are probably right on the fatigue setting in, but I think the ratings will stay low as folks realize that the NFL isn't all that. Once away from the whole routine, most will find other pursuits.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
I doubt there will be much difference at this point. I'm thinking the people that don't want to watch already have made the decision, and the people that do aren't going to care about honoring veterans over watching their favorite sport.

Yep. The place I work is mostly vets and you'd never know anything is amiss listening to them squawk and rant all week about how awesome their team is.

Last edited by rlott; 11/14/17.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (007FJ, 222ND, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,175
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.