Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
This is a quote from Psalm 22 identifying Jesus as the Messiah so that the Jews could never claim they didn't know he was the Messiah.

Only to bring up a point I made on another thread, in which I asked if anyone had ever re-translated the Bible (KJV) from Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic back to English then back into those three languages.
The above quote is an example of why I asked this. Matthew and Mark do not agree on the language used by Jesus when on the cross and Matthew even changed the words to make them agree with Psalms 22:1
Matthew changed Eloi, Eloi to Eli, Eli in order to make it match the Hebrew in Psalms. The give away was the next words. lama sabachthani is not what the original Hebrew in psalms said. Matthew changed the hebrew word "azavthani" to "sabachthani" to match Psalms. Mark stayed with the mythical ie magical Aramaic language.
One last example then I'm done.
I believe it is in Mark 7:34 where Yeshua ie Jesus healed a blind and deaf man. He spoke a word as he performed the miracle. That word was " Ephphatha" which is claimed to be Hebrew and means "be opened". If we are to believe the writers of the bible and the language spoken at that time was Aramaic, then the Ephphatha was not Hebrew, but in fact Aramaic and the word actually was "abracadabra" meaning "I create as I speak".
Another example is a quote from John 1:18. If John spoke in truth, then Enoch never existed or he was not human which then would indicate that his offspring human by the essence of Enoch being nonhuman. Or John is wrong or meant something entirely different. John's writings are suspect anywaMy y, do to the fact that he was a co-traitor along with Judah. Leastwise according to Johns own writing and the NT apocrypha books. Kind of gives new meaning to Rev. 3:17. thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: and know it not. And yes, I know what Religion teaches what that verse means.

All this is only to show that if all of these minor and major mis-translations (whether intentional or not) are grouped and brought together into the light, then that which is now taught by Religious leaders, Theologians, and Church organizations is not what was said or indicated. When they change the words and meanings then the whole story becomes perverted and the truth and meaning become of no effect. Say what you will but Rev. 22:18 was a caveat.

So maybe the poster who said that the Holy Ghost ie Spirit can teach you without a book was on to something.

My sheep know "MY" voice and another they will "NOT" follow.
Of the sheep you have given me I have lost "NOT" one.
You were saved before the foundations of the world.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the" called" according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did" foreknow", he also did" predestinate" to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom" he did "predestinate", "them he also called": and" whom he called", "them he also justified:" and "whom he justified"," them he also glorified".

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

I believe Romans 8:28 - 31...........So, according to Religion I need to do what??

Okay, I'm done. I promise!

Last edited by K22; 11/14/17.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
K22, you’ve clearly put a great deal of energy into supporting your disbelief.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Thank you.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Horus, the sun god of Egypt was also supposedly born of a virgin and despite Roman dominance Egyptian culture still exerted some influence in that part of the world, so in the early AD I'm thinking a good way to get your boy elevated status was to claim a virgin birth.

I can see it now. The apostles and hard core disciples got together the night after Jesus was crucified and Peter says we gotta make up a great story to pitch to the folks or this whole things gonna unravel on us now that the boss is dead.

An obscure Egyptian follower, known only to history, says eureka, I got it! Let's run the Horace con on the on the Jews. Here's what we do. Let's slip over to the tomb and steal the body. We'll dispose of the body in the desert, and then get this now, we'll say the boss rose from the dead just like Horace! Are you with me! And like Horace, while we are at it, we'll say he was born from a chick who never had sex. Hey, the Egyptians bought it, and my people are not a bunch of dummies by any means, we built the pyramids! What sells in one market will sell in another, simple business 101!

St Pete says, the Jews will never buy it. Our people have been worshiping YHWH since Moses played fullback for Jerusalem High. Soon as they hear that cockamamy story of yours, at best they will flog the schidt out of our asses or stone us, at worst, they sick the Romans on us like they did the boss and we get crucified or God knows what else.

The Egyptian disciple paused and then said to the group....Well duhhhh! Don't be naive Peter. A new religion is gonna have to have a few martyrs to get it off the ground. That is the beauty of my plan. Most of us are going to have to take one for the team. When we allow ourselves to be tortured and killed, it lends bigly gravitas to the con and its no telling how bigly this thing could get. It could be YUUUGE, and one day, perhaps hundreds or thousands of years from now, we will be remembered as the founders of it. You people got to learn how to think long term.....I'm talking really long term.

Peter thought for a moment and exclaimed "BRILLIANT" off the to pit of misery with us dilly dilly"! The rest of the assembly replied in one accord "to the pit of misery dilly dilly" !

And the rest is history as our heroes went forth and gave their lives for a lie for no particular reason.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by wabigoon
This thread is starting to get somewhere.

please don't cause me to defend ol john calvin and his devout followers of Five-Pointers. lol.

but, on the other hand, ol john did prick a lot of hearts (or at least a few?) in his efforts to spread the word. for that, he can receive some credit. (john calvin i'm speaking of, of course so not to confuse).

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Paul, talked about zeal for religion, Gus has brought some out here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

...Once we are saved,and have received God's grace, we should not look at ourselves as undeserving..
..To do so is to deny what Jesus has done,for it is He who through his blood has made us to be deserving..

One can remain underserving but still show humble sincere acknowledgement and appreciation for God sacrificing
his only begotten son for the world.

Or is that not possible?

I don't see how receiving grace makes one actually deserving of it, for one receives grace despite being underserving.

None of us deserve grace,but God has chosen to give it to us. When I say that we should now see ourselves as deserving or see ourselves as worthy, I'm not saying that we are deserving or worthy of his grace. I'm saying that because he has given his grace to us, we are now worthy and deserving of all God has to offer us.

I don't want Christians to go around saying how unworthy or undeserving they are. When we do so,we are in effect denying that the blood of Jesus accomplished in us what it was intended to accomplish,which was to make us worthy for all God wants to bless us with.

God made Jesus to be sin,so that through his sacrifice we could be made the righteousness of God in him.(2Cor5:21) Jesus became sin so I could become righteous. I will not deny what he did for me by claiming how unworthy I am. I can't be the righteousness of God and be unworthy at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

TRH,

Quoting erroneous souses only verifies unbelievers can find other unbelievers who have been published.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

...Once we are saved,and have received God's grace, we should not look at ourselves as undeserving..
..To do so is to deny what Jesus has done,for it is He who through his blood has made us to be deserving..

One can remain underserving but still show humble sincere acknowledgement and appreciation for God sacrificing

Or is that not possible?

I don't see how receiving grace makes one actually deserving of it, for one receives grace despite being underserving.

I agree. I'm just a sinner saved by Grace, as are we all who have surrendered to the Truth of the Gospel. We are no better than any other person, only saved by God's Grace. Certainly, we should be grateful and attempt to live our lives better as a result, but humbly, judging no one and showing love for all. I believe that is the Lord's desire for our lives.

Last edited by RickyD; 11/14/17.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RickyD

Or is that not possible?

I agree. I'm just a sinner saved by Grace, as are we all who have surrendered to the Truth of the Gospel. We are no better than any other person, only saved by God's Grace. Certainly, we should be grateful and attempt to live our lives better as a result, but humbly, judging no one and showing love for all. I believe that is the Lord's desire for our lives.

You are never out of humility because you know that what you are is only because of the grace of God. We are righteous because God made us righteous. We are certainly no better than anyone else because we didn't do anything to earn becoming righteous.

All I'm telling Christians to do is to agree with what God says about them. Most can't do it though because they have been told all their lives how unworthy they are. Yes, we were absolutely unworthy,but God through his sacrifice made us worthy.

You keep calling yourself unworthy because you don't understand the new birth. You don't understand that the man of sin died and you were born again,righteous,holy,and accepted by God. Just read Rom.6:3-11

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Or is that not possible?

You are never out of humility because you know that what you are is only because of the grace of God. We are righteous because God made us righteous. We are certainly no better than anyone else because we didn't do anything to earn becoming righteous.

All I'm telling Christians to do is to agree with what God says about them. Most can't do it though because they have been told all their lives how unworthy they are. Yes, we were absolutely unworthy,but God through his sacrifice made us worthy.

You keep calling yourself unworthy because you don't understand the new birth. You don't understand that the man of sin died and you were born again,righteous,holy,and accepted by God. Just read Rom.6:3-11

Where do you see "unworthy" in my post? I am worthy because I surrendered myself, said "yes" to God, and accepted His Gift. And that is where worthy humbly ends. wink

I can be downright militant about my salvation and my God unto death, because I know the Truth and it has set me free. I will not shirk from that but will take it to the world with me as I go.

As usual on the 'Fire, most understand the same thing but express it different ways leading to "talking" past each other. Now, where's that unworthy word again? smile

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Or is that not possible?

Where do you see "unworthy" in my post? I am worthy because I surrendered myself, said "yes" to God, and accepted His Gift. And that is where worthy humbly ends. wink

I can be downright militant about my salvation and my God unto death, because I know the Truth and it has set me free. I will not shirk from that but will take it to the world with me as I go.

As usual on the 'Fire, most understand the same thing but express it different ways leading to "talking" past each other. Now, where's that unworthy word again? smile

Ricky,I never thought we were disagreeing. I was just emphasizing,not arguing.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 8 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 709 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,544
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.