Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
805 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Seems Chris Brackett might be in some trouble in Indiana.

https://youtu.be/E1Gz09TGeec

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I googled that name "Chris Brackett" & the first damn thing that came up in the search results was a picture of some kweer with spiked hair.

Never have understood why anybody would want to watch a "hunting" video , much less one with some kweer in it.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Never cared for him anyways.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If he's guilty------make the punishment fit the crime. No excuse for it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Im not sure about this.

He runs a professional high end operation for making televised hunt video's. What kind of pathetic piece of crap excuse of video is this? It's almost unwatchable. Was there ever a photo of his face? only audio that sounds exactly like him.

I'm just saying that this might not be what it seems. At the point this was taken only one copy existed. Only two people would have known of it. If he was doing this illegally would that video have existed after editing? Somebody from the inside crew of his would have had to turn this over to somebody that would post it. Does that seem a stretch to anyone else?

There are plenty of places in the USA that you can shoot two antlered deer per year. No place does this video clearly say or indicate it's in Indiana. Is anyone positive that there was not a third person in the blind that shot the second buck?

From my view, two deer were shot from one blind, in an undisclosed location by an unknown amount of hunters. One is very likely Chris. Beyond that folks seem compelled to throw the guy under the bus. If this shows him shooting two bucks in Indiana in a few minutes then BOOM guilty. I'm not there yet with what I see. The real struggle I have is how bad the video footage is. This is not the kind of video he creates. His TV shows are first rate clear perfect high end stuff. This video is worse than a cell phone would take. It's utter crap and near worthless. I just cannot see how he shoots a big buck on camera with worthless video quality. Especially when that is his entire lifes work to capture.

Maybe somebody is jealous or angry and decides to create a Chris Brackett poaching video? Time will tell I suppose, enough odd about this for me not to pass judgement just yet.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
805 Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
JJ- I agree the video isn't very good and it could very well have been someone else who fired the second shot although on Facebook he admitted to the act and then started using the Jesus changed my life excuse. The post was later deleted. Can't say what is true or not but time will tell.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems to me he has a lot to lose. An extraordinary archery talent that has found a way to make a great living. I don't go out of my way to watch the show, but have seen it a few times. He does things with archery on the show nobody else can do or would even consider with the difficulty level.

Just hard to grasp the risks involved at that professional level. As a professional hunter myself and owner of a hunting business. I have to watch everything I do constantly in multiple states and countries. If I were to make a mistake or get busted for doing something wrong, even If I did not know I was..... my career would be complicated and difficult if not ended. Over 25 years down the drain!

So maybe I just see this in a personal way as somebody that could lose it all for doing something like this? Temptation is very powerful, add in a level of mental belief that you can get away with it and things go bad in a hurry. If his own crew turned this in or posted it, that would be astonishing!

Reminds me of telling young hunters or fisherman when they find a gold mine of hunting or fishing in a particular location. NEVER EVER SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE

Everyone has a best friend, you may tell your best friend. However, you may not be his best friend! Then the location is known by plenty of people.

Great care must be taken in what is shared and with who. Especially in todays world of photo and video posting nonsense. People are posting photo's of the desert they are eating for dinner!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
From what I understand his cameraman turned on him and gave a copy of the video to the landowner who had specifically asked him not to shoot the 8 because he wasn’t old enough to shoot.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 64 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,052
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.