Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Ringman

If you quoted God's Word instead of your constant attack we could have an adult Christian conversation. I have no problem spending hours conversing with Dr. Kindell. He has three doctorates including one in theology. But he is penitent.

Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

That is pretty plain.

And what follows the gift from God? Our life back to Him.

Ephesians 2:8-10

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

If you quoted God's Word instead of your constant attack we could have an adult Christian conversation. I have no problem spending hours conversing with Dr. Kindell. He has three doctorates including one in theology. But he is penitent.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

That is pretty plain.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."

I'm glad you finished the passage. In doing so, you made the argument against your own position.
The passage is in two parts, as you cited:

1) "And what follows the gift from God?"

So you recognize the gift from God comes first:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

And according to your quoted scripture...not as a result of works.

2) After salvation, God works within us to prepare us for good works.

So then surely, you recongize that the verses you quoted represent a two part...but seperate...transaction.

First, salvation by grace through faith - not of works.

Second, works - as God works in and through us.

In your previous posts you weaved the two together. Yet in the scripture you quoted it is clear the two are not.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

That is pretty plain.

I'm glad you finished the passage. In doing so, you made the argument against your own position.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

So then surely, you recongize that the verses you quoted represent a two part...but seperate...transaction.

In your previous posts you weaved the two together. Yet in the scripture you quoted it is clear the two are not.

Good luck!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That is pretty plain.

I didn't separate anything. I quoted Scripture. We are commanded by God's Word to "grow in Grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ."

It seems you are stuck in the area of "the sinner's prayer."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The scripture you quoted made the seperation. I think that is clear.

I didn't separate anything. I quoted Scripture. We are commanded by God's Word to "grow in Grace and knowledge of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ."

Before one can grow, one must first be birthed into the family of God.

As to your last comment:

It seems you are stuck in the area of "the sinner's prayer."

I've never read "the sinner's prayer" in the scripture. If there is one, perhaps it could be the following:

Luke 18:13-14King James Version (KJV)

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

I think I have given you some valid, scriptual points. At times, one's theology informes one's interpretation of scripture rather than scripture informing one's theology. It is possible that may be at work here. At this point, Ringman, I will just bow out of the conversation and respectfully agree to disagree.

GB

IC B2

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

701 members (160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 64 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.