Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
I'll leave with this, even if folks don't believe, and its their right, if they would live their lives like Christians are supposed to ( IMHO) then the world would become a better place. Regardless of what happens after death.

What good or noble thing can only be accomplished by a Christian?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen someone die, go to hell and we revived her. A non believer.
She saw hell and the devil and told us all about it ...

Scripture says dead sinners simply sleep in the grave, till they be risen from the grave cometh judgement time.
NO knowledge, consciousness or awareness of anything as I understand it.

(Eclesiastes 9:10)
" Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom,
in the grave, whither thou goest".

(Eclessiastes 9:5)
"For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing, And they have no more reward,
For the memory of them is forgotten.

Jesus describes a dead Lazarus as being 'asleep'.(John 11:11-15)

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Starman

Scripture says dead sinners simply sleep in the grave, till they be risen from the grave cometh judgement time.

That depends if we are talking OT or NT. Hell, or infinite punishment for a finite crime was not introduced until "gentle Jesus, meek and mild". Just another one of those inconvenient contradictions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunately many christians confuse Hell/Hades with the lake of fire and an eternal punishment at judgement time,
yet they are not the same thing.

Revelations 20:14-15

14 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."
15 "And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

So, even the wicked humans thrust into the lake will not be tortured & tormented for eternity, rather
scripture indicates they will receive a final 'second death' and as result shall perish,vanish, be no more,
(ie; be total destroyed)...Logic & reason would indicate if one is non-existent due to having been totally
obliterated, there cannot be eternal torment to follow.

The only ones thrust into the fire for eternal torment are these three:

Revelations 20:10
" And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are,
and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Many self professed christians think they will receive eternal life, not knowing that God has already blotted them out of his book.
which essentially relegates them to dead men walking.

Any christians here on 24CF who can genuine claim they have not sinned against God?
well heres some bad news for you....

Exodus 32:33
" And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book"

So, do you believe that any Christian who has sinned against God will be blotted out of His book....... or are you just a COT?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I'll leave with this, even if folks don't believe, and its their right, if they would live their lives like Christians are supposed to ( IMHO) then the world would become a better place. Regardless of what happens after death.

Uh, leading other great humans out of the clutches of death and to eternal life? wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

So, do you believe that any Christian who has sinned against God will be blotted out of His book...

If scripture shows anywhere that the supreme God the father cannot exercise his divine option to blot any
christian sinner out off his Book, please reference the verse.

You and many other self proclaimed christians have no real idea if you even appear in the Book in the first place.
Theres nothing you can do to find out if you are in the Book , nor is there anything you can do to get yourself qualified
to be added to the Book, since it has all been long pre-determined by God.

God is not mandatorily required to offer his grace to any sinner, hence he can withhold it from anyone and everyone
in the Book, if he so wishes. Sinners have no claim or entitlement on Gods grace. According to God, the only thing
from God that all sinners truly deserve, is his wrath.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[quote=rost495]

Jesus describes a dead Lazarus as being 'asleep'.(John 11:11-15)

In the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, (another Lazarus I guess) he also states that the rich man is in "torment", and that a chasm separated the souls in "Abraham's bosom" vs those in hell, or the grave, or whatever you want to call it. Seems it was pretty hot as the rich man asked Lazarus to bring him some water to "cool his tongue as he was in agony in this fire". Evidently from this picture, we see two compartments in what is called sheol or "the grave". So in theory, a guy headed in the wrong direction at death could very well see what is traditionally called "hell".

Sinners do very well have a "claim or entitlement" to God's grace.....the blood of Jesus the Messiah which was shed for them. The entire New Testament stands in stark contrast to your twisted interpretation. Rather than cherry pick one scripture in an attempt to argue with someone who doesn't know which end is up, I suggest you start reading at Matthew 1:1 and keep going until you get to the end of the book.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

So, do you believe that any Christian who has sinned against God will be blotted out of His book...

If scripture shows anywhere that the supreme God the father cannot exercise his divine option to blot any

You and many other self proclaimed christians have no real idea if you even appear in the Book in the first place.
Theres nothing you can do to find out if you are in the Book , nor is there anything you can do to get yourself qualified

God is not mandatorily required to offer his grace to any sinner, hence he can withhold it from anyone and everyone
in the Book, if he so wishes. Sinners have no claim or entitlement on Gods grace. According to God, the only thing

Didn’t answer the question eh? You clearly do not understand the Word of God and are simply grabbing verses from here and there without having any idea of what they mean.

You also make numerous declarative statements that are devoid of meaning. Really, just non sequiturs. Psalm 36:2 is for you.

COT?

Here are a more for you: Psalm 56:5

You may want to look at: Proverbs 2:11-12

Or even Isaiah 5:21

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

You must be a Huguenot.There is no book on who gets in or not.If in your heart you accept Christ as your Savior accept The Trinity and accept you are a sinner and reform(that is what is required).Saying the words if in your soul you really don`t know, well means nothing.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

That depends if we are talking OT or NT. Hell, or infinite punishment for a finite crime was not introduced until "gentle Jesus, meek and mild". Just another one of those inconvenient contradictions.

First, for Starman the difference is body and spirit. And for AS, while the OT is perhaps not as defining, and typically not as familiar, as the New, God's wrath as a fire decending to the lowest hell in Deuteronomy 32:22 and everlasting burning in Isaiah 33:14 precede and agree with the admonitions of the Risen Lord as yet another inconvenient Truth he should consider reconciling prior to experiencing.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD

First, for Starman the difference is body and spirit. And for AS, while the OT is perhaps not as defining, and typically not as familiar, as the New, God's wrath as a fire decending to the lowest hell in Deuteronomy 32:22 and everlasting burning in Isaiah 33:14 precede and agree with the admonitions of the Risen Lord as yet another inconvenient Truth he should consider reconciling prior to experiencing.

Ricky,

Where Deuteronomy was written post Babylonian Exile I interpreted the events in the story you quotes as God visiting his wrath upon the Jews following the new Zoroastrian beliefs. It describes God raining arrows upon them and burning their fields and fire consuming entire mountains. The intensity of this fire is further emphasized by it "burning to the greatest depths of hell". So when taken in content, God is just really mad and will send the hoards to burn everything.

As for Isaiah 32, again there's discussion about the destruction of Lebanon and Sharon and contrasting what leads to destruction vs. fields of plenty.

Again, in contest, these passage like most of the OT focuses on prosperity and sorrow in this life, not the next, where the NT focuses more on the NEXT life.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Uh, leading other great humans out of the clutches of death and to eternal life? wink

So nothing in this life??

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Interesting little thread. I do find it interesting that the title was "For believers only" and immeadiately all the non-believers start chiming in. I'm reminded of when the disciples came to Jesus about the Pharisee's and he simply said "leave them alone, if the blind lead the blind they both fall into the pit".

Would you like to just keep explaining the problem or do you want the solution?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,738
Posts18,457,613
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.