Campfire Tracker
D
Have had good luck with a couple of sets of Cooper AT3

BP-B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Just replaced a set of Hancook dynapros. They only lasted 66,000 miles on northwest Wyoming. Lots of non pavement miles and no flats.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BFG KO2

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have Michelin (insert some combination of L's, T's and X's here) on my Sierra, Falken Wild Peak on wife's Suburban and BFG KO2 on my Bronco. All are good. Very impressed with the Falkens so far. Quiet ride

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I drive a lot of gravel and it chews up my tires pretty bad. I just looked on line at the Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar. They claim to be a good tire for gravel due to the Kevlar being more puncture resistant.

Anybody had experience with these?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Had BFG KO tires on a Suburban and they were excellent. Very very good on ice and in snow.

Had Geolanders on a Jeep. Very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling. But, I got one sidewall sliced by a rock and as they were nearing their end, I replaced them. Put Duratrac tires on. Would have preferred KO tires but where I bought them, the Duratrac were priced about $50 per tire lower. Big difference when putting them on an old half worn out Jeep.

Prolly many good off road tires out there in the marketplace.

Last edited by TF49; 11/28/17. Reason: Goof

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Cooper AT3s have been good to me. It's a long lasting tire that is pretty quiet on the highway and pretty decent off the pavement.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TF49
Had BFG KO tires on a Suburban and they were excellent. Very very good on ice and in snow.

Had Geolanders on a Jeep. Very quiet, smooth ride and excellent handling. But, I got one sidewall sliced by a rock and as they were nearing their end, I replaced them. Put Duratrac tires on. Would have preferred KO tires but where I bought them, the Duratrac were priced about $50 per tire lower. Big difference when putting them on an old half worn out Jeep.

Prolly many good off road tires out there in the marketplace.

So, I got these Duratracs put on the Jeep yesterday. Took it out today to a spot that I had taken deer before and was slowly wheeling around and I hear this “whoosh.” Hmm.... so I stop, look at all the tires and all seems ok. Drive for a bit and then stop. Stretch my legs and then see the front left tire flat. Rock cut on the inside near the tread. 46 miles.

Feeble old guy by himself,miles from anywhere, changing the tire. Harrumph!

Wish I had bought the KO tires or something else.

BUT, the guy at the tire store made me feel special. He asked how I did it and then said “This almost never happens, I’ve never seen one cut like this.”

It was rocky but pretty tame 4 wheeling.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

that S U C K S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if it makes you feel any better.........March this year.........wife hit a bolt laying on the hwy........

yep....dead center........F L A T 6 miles later............3 month old BFG KO2 LT 265-75x16

my recent purchase of Cooper AT3's from DTD.......I added road hazard..for $40/4 tires/3 yrs.........

we'll see how that works.................in your case......the bumper sticker........

'Schidt Happens'...........

Last edited by tikkanut; 11/29/17.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, I got these Duratracs put on the Jeep yesterday. Took it out today to a spot that I had taken deer before and was slowly wheeling around and I hear this “whoosh.” Hmm.... so I stop, look at all the tires and all seems ok. Drive for a bit and then stop. Stretch my legs and then see the front left tire flat. Rock cut on the inside near the tread. 46 miles.

Which ones? LT's? 10 ply? Etc......

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by aalf

Which ones? LT's? 10 ply? Etc......

265/65 R17 112S. SL. BSW. Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tikkanut

that S U C K S ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if it makes you feel any better.........March this year.........wife hit a bolt laying on the hwy........

yep....dead center........F L A T 6 miles later............3 month old BFG KO2 LT 265-75x16

my recent purchase of Cooper AT3's from DTD.......I added road hazard..for $40/4 tires/3 yrs.........

we'll see how that works.................in your case......the bumper sticker........

'Schidt Happens'...........

I put a set of Hankook's on my '07. The NEXT day I drove to work and when I went to leave for lunch I noticed a tire was very low. I limped the short way to the place that installed them the day before and they found a 3/8 x 5" bolt inside the tire. That left a nice hole in a brand new tire.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
655 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,829 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,200
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.