Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Market manipulation world wide....
Reduce the supply to levels of consumption, increase the price...
And wait for the next panic event in the news as a pretext to drive up the price on the market floors....

Naw..... big oil and the world wide stock markets would never shove a gas pump up the consumers ass....

And they also have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn...

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
All the folks here complaining about the price of gas should show all the cars , trucks, boats , snowmobiles, jet skis they have. This is why gas is going up. As Americans , we use much more gas when it's cheap. I , the cheapest most frugal person in the world is very likely to take a trip when gas is cheap. Even at $ 3.00 you can't complain, it is cheap. I make $48.00 hr, a self employed carpenter for 37 years. It makes very little difference if I take the 60-80 mi. round trip to a job if I take my 3/4 ton diesel at 17-18 mpg or my 04 Malibu Classic 4 cal. to work . Average is 4 gal. of diesel ( $12.00 ) or my Malibu at 30 mpg. $7.50 round trip. It is $4.50 difference but I always take the car if I can.. I figure I pay myself .50 an hour extra and rather drive the car. Many people dont conserve fuel like that. They drive much bigger trucks than they need to and drive them more than they have to, pulling bigger boats than they need with ATV's , and other things all at the same time complaining about $3.00 gas that is really so cheep it's unreal. You get oil 5,000 ft down , pump it, haul it to Houston, pipe it to Wisconsin, tax it every step of the way with every gov. bureaucracy pointing their finger on how not to do it, pay the gas station, the workers , the truckers, then property taxes out for the gas station. It is crazy to say even $ 5.00 is expensive. Call me a prick like the other guys post . Again, I learned to wear both hats by buying oil stocks when oil was $35 -42 a barrel. Ilove oils stocks, I get $ 4,800 in dividends per year just on my BP stocks. I get another $ 2,000 or so on Oxidental , Exxon Mobil and Fidelity energy ETF. Sorry, I used my brains and logic this time around. I missed it several other times. It's not too late though to make money off companies. AT&T is very low . It is $ 32.?? a share. It pays 6.25 % dividends and the divies go up 2% per year. WPC pays 6% divies and goes up every year. It is real-estate fund. OHI pays 9% divies, AGNC , a Mortgage REIT pays 11% and have had the fund for years.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If corn prices follow accordingly it's good.

Black Cows Matter!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If corn prices follow accordingly it's good.

Thats another thing I can't believe. How can ya grow corn for $ 3.50? a bushel? Most likely corn will follow. Here in Wisconsin I have been hearing about companies cutting down a lot of woods to grow corn.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Which still responds to market forces and manipulation. I've been living near the Gulf Coast long enough to watch gas prices surge every time there's a mention of a hurricane. Price gouging is common amongst oil companies, distributors, and retailers. Denying it and professing the altruism of oil producers doesn't make it any less so.

It happens at the supplier level, because the markets (speculators) drive it up. All a guy has to do is watch Bloomberg energy and you'll see what fuel prices are doing. I've also seen prices during Gulf hurricane scares go up 20 cts/gallon intraday, then when a threat is not eminent they go right back down as soon as the threat passes, once again, intraday.

I'm always amazed at the people's ignorance on this subject, and these same bunch of folks go inside the c-store and buy $1 12oz bottles of watter that cost 5cts to make, buy $5 cans of snuff, $7 sandwiches, etc. Gasoline is a loss leader to get folks inside to buy this overpriced crap.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 12 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.