Campfire Kahuna
Damn sure aint nobody around here gettin paid $100k to catch minnows

Wtf

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
IMinute, I think the trades are having trouble, because employers don't want to spend the money on apprintices. I worked as a maintenance supervisor, for the largest hardwood manufacturer in North america. Around 2008 when things got tight, I had to rif all apprentices. Three years later with retiring millwrights and electricians there is no one to fill the jobs. Just now they have come around and started the apprenticeships again. Now they are having trouble finding instructors and out trainers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by ironbender
I wou,d text back, you can't resign....I fired you yesterday.

That'll cost you on the unemployment side. At least that's the way it was when I had employees.

True. Resignation = no unemployment insurance claim

Probably had another gig lined up.. working under the table so he could exercie his "rights" and collect "benefits". Been watching caravan movies..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by chesterwy
[quote=Big Stick]Have heard about Slums...just never seen one.

Thanks!

Bless your heart..................[/quote

Forgive me for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to split my time between a place where every consumer product needs to come in the mail, or the frozen skid mark known as the north slope, or the shantytown production platforms in the cook inlet. Given those parameters, if a person was looking for a slum he simply need open his eyes or flip on the fuggin light....laffin'

You get what you pay for and your expectations...simply exceed your donations.

Bless your heart.

Hint.............

Shazam, the campfire retard has expanded his opinion base beyond , "kiss find pressure and rock on"
Pure gold ,a retard that has never saved to invest, put his savings at risk, i.e. investing, worked without pay for years, foregone his pay to pay his employee's. Met a payroll, paid payroll taxes workers comp. etc...

No , this retard works for huge multi-national corporations, yet he can tell a small business owner how to run his business.
Big stink is on first base and thinks he's winnin......
How is the resale on rusted beat up guns and Ingram knives? great investing....... wink
I do enjoy listening to Stick spout the union line though...... smile ride the brand ... ha ha

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Damn sure aint nobody around here gettin paid $100k to catch minnows

Wtf

It is some kind of bounty system. The pike minnows eat salmon, so they have a bounty on them.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Thats a complete red herring...but sure.

Ok, but no.

Jobs outside of the military don't typically carry the penalty of jail time for quitting....so yeah, its pretty irrelevant. In the world outside of the military, no employer can force you to do anything, regardless of what their policy says. The military isnt a job, its a contract and commitment.

Good to see you are finally agreeing that you were wrong. Still some wrong there but you're getting closer.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
A guy off the street starts at nearly $10 more here(18yr old kid outta High School). He works 2wks on/off,gets 90hrs a week minimum,everything over 8,or better than 40 is OT. Health Insurance is free. By 21 he makes the money you cite and retains the 6 months of vacation.

I now savvy the turnover.

Simply had NO fhuqking idea...................

Define "here" Stick?

Doing what?

Montana MOFO
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Would you consider texting your boss your resignation? Just had a 53 yr. old guy that I've treated really well quit by a lame ass text.
Social media is the downfall of civilization. More "men" act like 13 yr. Old girls now than I'd ever thought imaginable. Whatever happened to (dare I say it) face to face conversations? My opinion of human kind goes down with every day that passes

I won't read all the responses but many simply lay a written resignation in an envelope on the supervisors desk when he/she is gone from it, like early morning or after they left for the day or just out in a meeting or other. That is functionally the same as a text, in my opinion.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Women are the worst at quitting. I've seen a couple who just quit coming to work based on mild criticism of their work or interaction with others. That leaves me to try and determine if they were in an accident, beat to hell by their live-in, or what. In many instances concerning women and employment, I've determined it can be a detriment to care.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hookeye
Our part of the company, was highest profit maker in the group.
But we also had big developmental costs.
To inflate other groups, they simply stopped development.
We were the sacrificial cash cow.
Laid off with hundreds at one time.
There were layoffs before and after.

Your work ethic or performance played no part. Majority of those fired had right around 14 yrs in.

The plant is a ghost town now.
There was a reform/split......one group still trying to make a go of it.
That's the one that asked if I'd consider coming back.

Zero security. Even if they paid me twice what I make now..........no way.
Got a sick kid that needs good insurance.

Which is why I do my own thing. Have a couple businesses I operate that afford me a pretty decent living in an area that has very suppressed wages. Unless you go over to the Bakken and then it is ridiculous work environment and dangerous as hell, mostly because of those you are working with. But again, you are employed at the whim of a number of people that can send you packing in a heartbeat.

No thanks. I have a family to tend to. I don't need some swinging dick F'ing up my life by sending me down the road and putting my family at risk.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
feminism is the problem.

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I used to bounce at a gentlemen's establishment while in college. When I decided to leave I printed out a 2 week notice and stopped in to the owner's office. The guy was a bit surprised to say the least... told me I was the first bouncer to ever give a notice and that most of the time they just don't come back from their break.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Would you consider texting your boss your resignation? Just had a 53 yr. old guy that I've treated really well quit by a lame ass text.
Social media is the downfall of civilization. More "men" act like 13 yr. Old girls now than I'd ever thought imaginable. Whatever happened to (dare I say it) face to face conversations? My opinion of human kind goes down with every day that passes

People today have no clue how to deal with each other in person. Email, texting, kiosks at fast food and government locations etc., bank/pay on line, argue on forums... all and more have brought us to a place where people can't cope with personal contact and conflict.

That being said, everyone here is a fuggin moron, except for this poster. Now, everyone is on "ignore". whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.