Print Thread
Hop To
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
anyone use these on meat? Factory rep gave me 2 boxes. was easy to work up a load for and shot outstanding. but the price to replace will more likely keep me from using after the freebies are gone. using the 110gr 243 bullets out of my 1-7 twist 243.

GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Yeah those things are definitely not cheap. Nice of that rep to give you a couple boxes, could you send him my way? grin

I'm curious to hear if they perform like the ELD-M on meat. (and yes, fully aware neither bullet is intended for hunting)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think they are testing the waters, to see if they can get the public to pay $79.00 for a box of bullets...

They'll be discontinued due to lack of sales by this time next year...

I know they'll never pass down the barrels of my rifles.... even if some one gave me two boxes...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
the price is way off base

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Seafire
I think they are testing the waters, to see if they can get the public to pay $79.00 for a box of bullets...

I know they'll never pass down the barrels of my rifles.... even if some one gave me two boxes...

Agree .

Sierra needs to jack theirs on up - $45 dollars for bullets that were $32 a few years ago - 1970's technology bullets ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Seafire

Unlikely.

Despite the belief of many, hunters do not control the market anymore.

Originally Posted by Yondering
I'm curious to hear if they perform like the ELD-M on meat. (and yes, fully aware neither bullet is intended for hunting)

They have a similar, if not wider wound channel than the ELD-M’s. Most would likely believe them too destructive.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

They have a similar, if not wider wound channel than the ELD-M’s. Most would likely believe them too destructive.

Thanks for the info. I'd guess similar or a little less penetration then?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[quote=Formidilosus]

[quote=Yondering]
Thanks for the info. I'd guess similar or a little less penetration then?

Apologize for the delay. Similar penetration generally.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
No worries, thanks for the reply.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Seafire,

"They'll be discontinued due to lack of sales by this time next year..."

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but you have no clue about what drives the bullet market these days. It is NOT semi-retired geezers looking for the least expensive way to shoot gophers.

And yes, I have purchased A-Tips at a local store, and shot 'em in the way they're designed to be used. They work exactly as advertised.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Seafire,

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but you have no clue about what drives the bullet market these days. It is NOT semi-retired geezers looking for the least expensive way to shoot gophers.

And yes, I have purchased A-Tips at a local store, and shot 'em in the way they're designed to be used. They work exactly as advertised.

Where's the GD like button Rick?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m waiting for the price to come down or to get sponsored by Hornady before I start shooting them by the thousand at steel.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will pay whatever for a good bullet to hit consistently at 600yds for mid range shoots I do. I started with 75gr hornady bthp to now I shoot 80.5gr Berger full bore. I also shoot 77gr tmk as well. Point being if that bullet will get me more points at the 600yd line I will buy them. If I was shooting out to 1000 I use a 308 with the 185 juggernauts.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Seafire,

No offense taken J.B....you're in the game, I'm way off to the side lines..

I just respond to the concept of the high price, as a consumer.. and my wallet won't be purchasing any based on that alone...

and as a consumer, its hard for me to feel the need to have something new, when there are so many readily available products that have worked just fine for decades for me...

I'm not looking for something to take 500 plus yard shots....on buffalo etc...

others have different needs than myself on one hand, and then there are a lot of consumers that have the same needs as I do and plenty of other time proven products available that are a lot more user friendly on the old wallet....

cheers & best regards Sir!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.