Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Wondering how the vortex crossfire scopes compare with a lower end leupold (VX2)? Thought about picking up an illuminated Crossfire scope (hog hunter, I believe?). What say you?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think optically they aren’t too far apart. I’ve used the warranty on new crossfires and old Leupold scopes. Put one on a friend’s AR no issues holds zero. Would think twice on using them on a hunting rifle used in rugged environments but most folks don’t really stress their optics.

I’d compare to Rifleman Vx1 or bottom of Leupold line. Would prefer a VX 2 over Crossfire every time.

Last edited by specneeds; 10/13/19.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
They're not worth the box they're shipped in. Comparing them to a VX-2 is laughable in build quality, optics, fit finish, tracking or otherwise. The Viper line is closer VX-2 (now VX-Freedom) than the crossfire or diamondback.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
With Burris, Athlon, Leupold and other entry options I think you can do much better for your $$$. Give us a call tomorrow, 516-217-1000, and we can discuss what would be best and you can get the benefit of our Columbus Day Weekend Sale

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I like many Vortex scopes, but Crossfire is not one of them.

To be fair, I do not think VX-2 is particularly worthwhile for the money either.

What is your budget?

ILya

Last edited by koshkin; 10/13/19.
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by koshkin
I like make sure shoes, but Crossfire is not asking them.

Sorry to be so dense; but, what does that mean?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Wondering how the vortex crossfire scopes compare with a lower end leupold (VX2)? Thought about picking up an illuminated Crossfire scope (hog hunter, I believe?). What say you?

I have 2 3-9X40 models on my Ruger 77/22's and am very satisfied with them. They are very clear to my eyes and I have not had any trouble with them. Now I dont twist knobs and all that, but for a set and forget for my use, they have been worth every penny.

Dont eat the big white mint!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

That means that when trying to write a forum post on my cellphone, autocorrect works wonders. I edited the original post.

ILya

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by Mad_Max

That means that when trying to write a forum post on my cellphone, autocorrect works wonders. I edited the original post.

That's funny. I see it now. Usually, when I face a post I can't decipher, I look at it for auto correct errors so I don't look like an idiot by being the one guy who doesn't know what something means.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin

Personally, the crossfire I purchased new for a 17hmr was junk. Sent it back, got a new one, then quickly sold it as a new scope for a small loss.

I went with VX2 6-18x40 A/O scopes for several small critter rigs and been very happy....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
The Leupold would UNDOUBTEDLY be my choice. Vortex is Garbage in my opinion, and hands on Experience with them, My most recent Vortex was a Viper PST Gen 2 5-25X50 MOA FFP, These Particular models are 1,000 Bucks, So not exactly Cheap! Mine made it 2 Outings on my .45 Caliber Muzzleloader, The 3rd outing it Failed to Hold Zero. Vortex isn’t even an Option to me anymore. Remember Their Crossfire is their Lowest end Model Made in China. The VX-1 or VX-2 Leupold is what i would do 👍 Vortex is a Pimple On Leupolds @ss at VERY BEST

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My nephews got a couple of the 3X9 Crossfire II's recently for their RAR 22-250's. We did some sighting-in work recently and both scopes suffered from the adjustment not moving the bullet impact for at least several shots and suddenly taking a big jump. Frustrating, but they are cheap scopes after all. We burned through more ammo than what should have been needed, but did get them sighted in.

I wouldn't own one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I put one on a $250 walmart vanguard 30-06. It tracked fine but the glass is not great. It's not bad for a $125 scope, probably better than the Leupold VXI. The eye box is smaller than leupold, so at max power you will have to get closer than on a leupold.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like many Vortex scopes, but Crossfire is not one of them.

To be fair, I do not think VX-2 is particularly worthwhile for the money either.

What is your budget?

ILya

+1

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 46 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,184
Posts18,465,685
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.