Print Thread
Hop To
R
RickcNY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
What are your thoughts on Sig optics ,in particular looking at 3-18x illuminated also what about their range finders ,angle compensated ?

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a Kilo 2000 range finder and it has been perfect for three years. No idea about the scopes.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve got a lower end illuminated scope that was a huge bargain sitting on a 25-06 no issues. The rangefinders are first rate - best bang for the buck they have driven the market to longer ranges at lower prices.

R
RickcNY Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Please define what you call a bargain scope ,I'm looking at a 3-18x with range finder for $966 and change ? Bargain or not ?

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Why buy anything that says Sig on it for $966 in optics?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sbhooper
I have a Kilo 2000 range finder and it has been perfect for three years. No idea about the scopes.

I have the same SIG rangefinder, no problems whatsoever. Very accurate.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Sig optics-

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
game, set, match???

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Sig optics-

OUCH

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've looked through several and own a Romeo 5 dot sight. Not just with Sig, but at similar price points the glass is going to be pretty much the same regardless of the manufacturer. Sig offers optics at several price points and they are no different. If you buy a $200 scope from anyone they will be very similar. Same with a $500 or $1000 scope.

The difference is in the features. Do you like the reticle choices. Are the focus, windage and elevation adjustment dials to your liking. What about eye relief, scope weight, and general appearance. Some scopes look like you're peering through a cardboard tube with a thick black ring showing around the edges. Others have much less black showing. Once I settle on a price point those are the deciding factors to me.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
C
I agree that most optics are more alike than different at a particular price point, with some notable exceptions.

But once that is established, there are two other BIG things to consider - customer service and warranty.

Original purchaser only? Original receipt needed? A few years only, or lifetime? What if you dropped it and admit it, will it still be fixed? Will the manufacturer send you small parts for free like turret caps or eye cups that you lost or damaged?

To me, that's big - very big.

Last edited by czech1022; 10/14/19.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JMR40
I've looked through several and own a Romeo 5 dot sight. Not just with Sig, but at similar price points the glass is going to be pretty much the same regardless of the manufacturer. Sig offers optics at several price points and they are no different. If you buy a $200 scope from anyone they will be very similar. Same with a $500 or $1000 scope.

The difference is in the features. Do you like the reticle choices. Are the focus, windage and elevation adjustment dials to your liking. What about eye relief, scope weight, and general appearance. Some scopes look like you're peering through a cardboard tube with a thick black ring showing around the edges. Others have much less black showing. Once I settle on a price point those are the deciding factors to me.

Originally Posted by czech1022
I agree that most optics are more alike than different at a particular price point, with some notable exceptions.

But once that is established, there are two other BIG things to consider - customer service and warranty.

Original purchaser only? Original receipt needed? A few years only, or lifetime? What if you dropped it and admit it, will it still be fixed? Will the manufacturer send you small parts for free like turret caps or eye cups that you lost or damaged?

To me, that's big - very big.

Features? Glass? Warranty?

How about whether the scope actually works.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This. I don’t have nearly the bucks or the experience of a lot of folks on this site and forum, so I want it to do the thing I bought it for and all other concerns follow. Usually that’s track accurately with glass that meets my purposes.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Features? Glass? Warranty?

How about whether the scope actually works.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,427 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.