Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup,no practical use for the big magnums.

Handload using a 480 grain Woodleigh SP from my .460 Wby.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 16bore
You’ve got hunting rifles covered, get a fast twist 223 for giggles.

Yep

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Yup,no practical use for the big magnums.

Handload using a 480 grain Woodleigh SP from my .460 Wby.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ken, you are living dangerously.... didn't you hear those Woodleight are too soft..... or was it they will penetrate a herd of buffalo? crap can't keep this stuff straight.
I recommend a Stihl and a Yeti....... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
if your a handloader you have plenty cartridges to decide on and maybe if you want a more powerful cartridge the 6.5 Nosler is maybe the answer ? but if your not a handloader and you still want a bigger cartridge tuff to beat a Remington 7mm Magnum ,recoil is not to bad ,ammo is easy to find,ammo is cheaper and it is a very easy cartridge that is very accurate too. good luck with your choice,Pete53

Last edited by pete53; 10/22/19.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anywhere anyone mentioned the 6.5 Fudgepack, insert the 6.5 PRC. The PRC wins in every metric and does so with much less of a lisp.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A schit rifle,in a schit chambering,wearing schit bases,schit rings,schit glass,squirting schit boolits and getting the "benefit" of spark plugs pulled from under the hood...won't/can't "teach" anybody,anything. Not that Drooler pics ain't fhuqking HILARIOUS! Hint. Congratulations?!?

I reckon I only have a coupla dozen High RPM 223/223AI's,if'n one counts Krunchentickers(I do). The Vudoo,will see more trigger time and is THE fast track to a first fhuqking clue. Hint.

What are the "odds" of PaulBurnedHARD getting horned up and unleashing her sexual proclivities...the "lucky" kchunt. I'm right at 35yrs,since I shot my first 264 Win Mag(only had a couple) and but not too many days,since whittling away all the loaded 147's for my 264 Twat-Six. Pass the 264 Kreedmire over both,due the reduction in mass,the superior handling,shorter length,less noise,lower ES/SD and mild mannerisms as a whole. I gotta have a GOOD reason to add action length and the PRC ain't it,nor close. Pass the Alpha brass for starters. Hint.

Make mine a Barrett. Now you Window Lickers can say you've "seen" one. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

If only in fairness,I've more than one Vudoo and pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Thank me later.

Hint.

Laughing!..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hawken fifty, flint.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
As of right now I do not hand load. Kids take up all of my free time. But they're getting older, so hand loading may be an option. Just hadn't really considered it. That just makes my choice harder. And Stick, you've piqued my interest with the vudoo. It might be an extra purchase though. Wife thinks I'm in the market for a "big loud one" and I aim to keep her happy!

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Swede. Or the Vudoo

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Slowdrifter
As of right now I do not hand load. Kids take up all of my free time. But they're getting older, so hand loading may be an option. Just hadn't really considered it. That just makes my choice harder. And Stick, you've piqued my interest with the vudoo. It might be an extra purchase though. Wife thinks I'm in the market for a "big loud one" and I aim to keep her happy!

You simply GOTTA shoot a Vudoo,to savvy. Words cain't connect them dots!(grin)

While I've a few Annie 54's,the Vudoo(s) STEAL The Show.

Nothing is as satisfying as Precision,coupled with SINISTER Accuracy and the Vudoo is all that and then some. Add zero recoil,modest "noise",copious erector travel,a Skookum etched windshield and you'll blow your own mind,on the first fhuqking outing.

Easy for me to say though,I've got it all and then some.

Hint..........................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
As of right now I do not hand load.

That just SCREAMS 6.5 Creedmoor.

For what you want to do, the Creedmoor is a fine option. Good, long range capable factory ammo abounds as do good accurate factory rifles. Recoil is light. Accuracy is generally very good. Many folks hate it because of its rapid rise to success but it really is a great cartridge that does many things very well.

John

Last edited by Hondo64d; 10/22/19.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I don't harbor any hatred for the creedmoor. 1 of my kids shoot them. That being said, I've personally seen mixed results on game, so I am a bit hesitant

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Thoughts on a Christensen Mesa in .300 PRC?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You’ve got any shooting situation covered already, now you need something that is a classic and fun to shoot. If I had a couple grand to burn I’d look for a model 71 Winchester lever gun, very cool classic killer. If you don’t want to burn the whole pile get a lever in 45-70 or even a ruger #1 in an appropriate caliber that fits your shooting distance needs.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thoughts on a Christensen Mesa in .300 PRC?

Christensen is straight up Fluff and the 308 PRICK don't do anything for me. It's best pitch,is a 225 ELD at 2810fps,with it's .777 BC drag form. You gotsta' go long action to get there and give up rounds in the belly,increase barrel length,add weight,add noise and add recoil. Pass the 21" 7-08 with a .796BC 180 at 2600fps in a Fieldcraft. Hint.

All things Christensen,suck ass. The Mesa is an ergo Fhuqk Show. Hint.

Hornie 225 PRICK Factory Load:

"Lowly" 7-08:

Guess which one a gent will shoot more,with 35-40grs less powder a poke?!? Hint.(grin)

Don't be in a hurry,to make a bad decision and think boolits FIRST.

Re-hint...............................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot the .300 PRC in June at a Hornady / HS Precision sponsored prairie dog hunt. I was seriously impressed. Even people who had never shot long range were hitting steel at 1400 yards.

------------------------
John
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Well, kind of took sticks advice, ordered a vudoo.....and a Christensen Mesa .300 PRC.....thanks everyone for the input

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Guess which one you'll shoot more.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (12344mag, 222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 59 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.