S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have got to show this to my BIL he coached wrestling for 35 or 40 years.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'm no expert in the rules of wrestling, but after watching the video, I may have done the same thing.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Late hit lol. The ref and coaches should have beat the dad to it. Not enough is done to penalize unsporting behaviour. Too much focus on trying to win.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
Late hit lol. The ref and coaches should have beat the dad to it. Not enough is done to penalize unsporting behaviour. Too much focus on trying to win.

Agree.

Kid should have been DQ'd, done, on the spot. Wining, intensity is one thing. That was no beuno. He turned it into a fight.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not a wrestler.. what did the kid do wrong? I guessing the pile drive, but what rules were broken. Pardon my ignorance.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In scholastic wrestling, unlike Greco-Roman, slams are illegal.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Not a wrestler.. what did the kid do wrong? I guessing the pile drive, but what rules were broken. Pardon my ignorance.

Simple rule fo thumb, you cant do something that will have a fair chance of breaking someones neck. You can torture someone half to death, but broken neck not ok.

Pile drive is a douche move, the kid knew it, and while the dad wasnt in the right, he was justified if the coach/ref didn act quickly. Which they didnt.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Excellent point!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

Simple rule fo thumb, you cant do something that will have a fair chance of breaking someones neck. You can torture someone half to death, but broken neck not ok.

Pile drive is a douche move, the kid knew it, and while the dad wasnt in the right, he was justified if the coach/ref didn act quickly. Which they didnt.

Have you seen the slams that net extra style points in Greco-Roman?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was a hard-core wrestler throughout my youth. Saw a teammate's dad attack my coach one time when my teammate lost his first (and only) match that year.

The kid tin this vid twisted in mid-air resulting in the neck slam.
It was a really bad move by the aggressive wrestler, he should be reprimanded, kicked off the team and maybe worse, but that dad is outta his mind. He should be charged for child battery.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

That hard of a return in folkstyle is illegal. In freestyle and greco-roman, that move is completely legal.

So, yeah, the guy went over the top with that hard return. Ref called it as an illegal move and awarded the bottom wrestler a point. If the aggressive wrestler did it again, it could result in a DQ.

As long as the kid being thrown knows what he's doing, that throw won't result in an injury.

Montana MOFO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 17 invisible), 1,297 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,223
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.