-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I lived on a nice cobblestone street in the Historic Old Northeast part of St Pete, FL replete with 100 yr old bungalows when I was finishing up college. I could walk to Coffee Pot Bayou and fish, net, go crabbing. spear or gig mullet when they were running, you name it. Helped my gf and I with our limited broke-azz college student budget.

My old landlord used to trap the feral cats and run them out to one of my favorite wade-fishing areas, Weedon Island. This, loooong before Weedon Island got built up. Nature took its course out there.

Yeah, after one of the "ferals" got at my gf's white dove through the cage, some of the ferals had collars. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Any "house" cat that's outside is a feral cat!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
300 mag for cats?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I live trap the SOB feral (house cats) and then call the pound and they come and get them. If they have a collar they contact the owner and tell them to come and get the cat with the warning that the cat needs to stay indoors. The second time they get them it costs the owner $250.00 for bail. If there is a third time they keep the cat. Coming home tonight there was the neighbor's black cat on top of my bird feeder. Now the pound is closed because of the corona virus. I have caught this same cat twice already, this time his 9 lives are going to expire early.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Shooting loose cats would be a great retirement job. Songbird eatin mutha srekcuf.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
That big cat hunt was 5 years ago.

That one was a different screw up. Had rabbits and quail coming in the yard in edge of town. Had a yellow Tom after them in the unfenced front yard fairly often. A front bedroom window faced the street and I started keeping it open ia few inches in the evenings.

One evening it had sprinkled and left a bit of water buy the curb on the far side, in front of the across neighbors yard, where it crouched to drink. I grabbed ole 5mm Betsy and lined up to fire. The cat looked up to my right down the street and ran over to my left about 15 yards and bunched up under the neighbor's BMW rear gear housing.

Well, I couldnt see much to the right of where the Tom had been due to a big dense shrub in the front flower garden and up to the right side of my front window.

I was already feeling the excitement of making Mr Tom pay so I put the cross hairs on the bottom of the gear housing to allow for drop and sent lead that said"kapop". Mr Tom squalled dashed out into the middle of my neighbor's yard and started hopping and going crazy as I looked up to see two other neighbors from three houses down suddenly steep into my field of view from the right where my Bush had covered their approach.

The look on the old man and his wifes face was priceless as they looked aghast at me. I'm pretty sure so was mine.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/05/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dumdassed shot there Jaguar.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are they hiring?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Seems like the best way do get rid of cats is with a pair of good dogs.

I dunno. .22 w/a can is pretty no fuss.

Saw a black one hop from ground to top of the fence when I took my recyclables out to the can yesterday. He stoped and looked back once to see if I was watching. Yep. I C U.

Headed west.. duly noted.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Seems like the best way do get rid of cats is with a pair of good dogs.

Saw a black one hop from ground to top of the fence when I took my recyclables out to the can yesterday. He stoped and looked back once to see if I was watching. Yep. I C U.

I don't have a can for my 22's, so I use CB's. They work well enough at short range, especially when delivered Booth/Oswald style.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Good on ya'. Keep up the good work!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Son and I were coyote calling one night when I heard him whisper "turn the light on" as soon as it flashed on he opened up with his 12 ga. I heard a screech then it was over. Big black and white tom cat with a collar on him. We were 2 miles from nearest house. That tom out weighed most bob cats I have killed.

Life member of the "Antler Club Gun Club"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't shoot them here, but I can trap them easily enough. Take them to the pound. True ferals get the Big Shot. Pets with collars or chips get their owners a call. The first jail break is $X. The Second is $2X, THird $3X, and so on.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Where I live now a feral must skin an eye for great horned owls, hawks, coyotes, foxes, autos if they beat all them they won't hear what just killed them.

Life member of the "Antler Club Gun Club"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A neighbor called our local animal control officer about the ongoing feral cat problem. He dropped off a Havahart trap and told her to take it to the county animal shelter. Told her he was too busy trapping cats at the local PRIVATELY OWNED motorsports park! The neighbor called the shelter and was told she'd be charged a $60 fee for dropping off a cat! Our tax dollars at work.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a friend, to whom I introduced to quality air rifles. He soon had a German RWS model 350. For late evening entertainment, he would visit his friends convenience store where numerous felines would show up to check out food scraps in the dumpster. He ran up some impressive body counts.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, they turned the Army out aginst Emu's once too.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Me and my buddies in high school shot the hell out of feral cats, Ditch Tigers we called them. We had a dog that would hunt them down for us, Thor, he found us lots of cats. Gawd, those were some good times!

Last edited by Alaskajim; 04/06/20.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
Me and my buddies in high school shot the hell out of feral cats, Ditch Tigers we called them. We had a dog that would hunt them down for us, Thor, he found us lots of cats. Gawd, those were some good times!

Interesting, my black lab is named Thor and he hates cats.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

426 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10ring1, 163bc, 32 invisible), 2,452 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.