Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I posted a story about shooting a raccoon five times with 9mm ball and I had to put the last one between his eyes to kill it. I took a lot of grief over that story from the members here. It did stop me from ever carrying a pistol loaded with that crap. If you want to kill something small and furry with a 9mm, a 102gr Gold Dot pushed as fast as you can is a killer.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
9mm ? This isn’t 2010 .

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
must be the going rate. they were a place where you could get 22lr when no one else had it.

if you want to buy cheap ammo, "get up off ya wallet" and buy it when it is cheap. no sense bitching about it after it goes up.

we had a couple of years when 9mm was 20 cents delivered and 223 was 30 cents delivered. and no sales tax.

If you didn't buy then, no sense complaining now.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, I shot a raccoon with one cci SGB and he was dead as phouck.

He hit every limb on the way down, lmao. Maybe that helped 😃

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People who don't keep a good stock of ammo after all we've been through over the past several years deserve to get gouged.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Damn, I shot a raccoon with one cci SGB and he was dead as phouck.

He hit every limb on the way down, lmao. Maybe that helped 😃

I shot a squirrel with a .22 out of an apple tree. One of our mutant beagles grabbed the head and the other grabbed the other end. Good thing that little bugger was dead before it hit the ground. At least they each got some squirrel out of the deal.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
I posted a story about shooting a raccoon five times with 9mm ball and I had to put the last one between his eyes to kill it. I took a lot of grief over that story from the members here. It did stop me from ever carrying a pistol loaded with that crap. If you want to kill something small and furry with a 9mm, a 102gr Gold Dot pushed as fast as you can is a killer.

Sweet baby jeebus.

Shot it once in each four paws?? Then the coup de grace is the head?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I paid .183 / round for 124-gr CCI Blazer (brass) ordered March 11, as a "Prime" member from targetsportsusa.com

Same stuff now is .239 / round Prime. That includes shipping.

$55 difference per 1000.

I ain't happy about that price difference. Still may buy more if it comes back into stock.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Sweet baby jeebus.

Here we go again...

No, I didn’t shoot each paw...I shot him four times in one paw and then in the head! Just like in the “Ballad of Buster Scruggs”!

Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 04/04/20.

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
😂🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Sweet baby jeebus.

Here we go again...

No, I didn’t shoot each paw...I shot him four times in one paw and then in the head! Just like in the “Ballad of Buster Scruggs”!

Coons is tough.
Shoot their finger off and they still don't tell you where they hid your ball of tin foil.
Four more fingers and still the same? Time to stop wasting ammo on the ringtail theif.

Another paw won't get you no further...
Coon de Ta.....

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's just like buying gas. You're not paying for the gas you're getting, you're paying for what it's going to cost to replace the gas you're getting/.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I dunno...ask every military on the planet

GOD Bless America
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1234, 72 invisible), 3,515 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,379
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.