Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Didnt think this was about "you" or "me".

You asked, and I obliged.

Thanks friend...

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, the media is guilty of sensationalizing and politicizing this epidemic. Yes, some folks are hysterical. Yes, there are over reaches of power and administrative authority, but that doesn’t make this whole thing a hoax. COVID-19 requires a response. Letting it run it’s course would have been devastating our economy and society. We couldn’t just go about our business stepping over the bodies until we achieved herd immunity.

Our response must come from the institutions and resources we have. Those institutions will be fallible and the resources will be lacking, this is the nature of the beast. Continuously shouting out these short comings from the sidelines, is inane and absurd.

Move the fück on.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I simply responded to your posts which were to me. I've preached smaller government, Constitutionalism and no compromise ever since I've been on this site. Some can say I haven't...but they'd be wrong. Since the COVID thing started a little over two months ago, I've seen some government abuses...but surprisingly, not to the extent I'd have thought. I don't trust the government, but I don't see that they've got much choice here. If this goes on much over another month, they'll have to open stuff up or there will be open rebellion. I don't like my routine interrupted either, but I see little practical or common sense choice. This is the course the President has charted and for now I am still on the Trump train. Do you disagree with him?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Slavek

Look, you can't have situation where country in which individual rights of citizens are not respected (China) save more citizens then a country that does. From PR perspective this looks awful, therefore, when things get tough the tough get going. Let us call this an act of tough love.

You’ve got a helluva point.

China’s Central Government stopped COVID-19 testing and thus stopped counting cases, if they ever actually did an accurate count or published one, while the west’s numbers skyrocket. In the end, they’ll claim their methods produced superior outcomes.

Much like arguing with a liar, the liar usually wins.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?
I am wondering where 1000 defiant Pentecostals or anyone else could be detained. That's all.This order is pretty much like our mandatory hurricane evacuations which in reality are voluntary. Speaking of hurricanes. With this quarantine going on I wonder what will happen when New Orleans or Miami are ordered to evacuate.

As far as I am concerned if they kill anyone with their self-centered arrogance they can all be stored in the church yard with individual markers...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Going to be interesting if those 1000 Pentecostals show up for services and call this bluff

Bluff? Really? You think the Court will look favorably on the idiots when the statisticians show the probable number of deaths caused by just one church service with 1k in attendance?
I am wondering where 1000 defiant Pentecostals or anyone else could be detained. That's all.This order is pretty much like our mandatory hurricane evacuations which in reality are voluntary. Speaking of hurricanes. With this quarantine going on I wonder what will happen when New Orleans or Miami are ordered to evacuate.

As far as I am concerned if they kill anyone with their self-centered arrogance they can all be stored in the church yard with individual markers...
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Originally Posted by gunswizard
In the midst of a global pandemic and some idiot is worried about his 2A rights, what a moron.

In the midst of a global pandemic is exactly when you should be worried about your 2nd amendment rights.

My guns don't spread the virus.

1000 people in a crowded church does.

Exactly! Apples to oranges...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Gentlemen,

Great posts.

Originally Posted by kingston
Yes, the media is guilty of sensationalizing and politicizing this epidemic. Yes, some folks are hysterical. Yes, there are over reaches of power and administrative authority, but that doesn’t make this whole thing a hoax. COVID-19 requires a response. Letting it run it’s course would have been devastating our economy and society. We couldn’t just go about our business stepping over the bodies until we achieved herd immunity.

Our response must come from the institutions and resources we have. Those institutions will be fallible and the resources will be lacking, this is the nature of the beast. Continuously shouting out these short comings from the sidelines, is inane and absurd.

Move the fück on.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I simply responded to your posts which were to me. I've preached smaller government, Constitutionalism and no compromise ever since I've been on this site. Some can say I haven't...but they'd be wrong. Since the COVID thing started a little over two months ago, I've seen some government abuses...but surprisingly, not to the extent I'd have thought. I don't trust the government, but I don't see that they've got much choice here. If this goes on much over another month, they'll have to open stuff up or there will be open rebellion. I don't like my routine interrupted either, but I see little practical or common sense choice. This is the course the President has charted and for now I am still on the Trump train. Do you disagree with him?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Apparently, there are no bounds to your fear.And if those horrible religious protesters that so badly threaten your world don't want to be arrested, should the police shoot them?
Actually the president of the Philippines has ordered that solution. He has also given his citizens the right to kill drug traffickers.

Drug dealers, not religious zealots... and it is working...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
They let the criminals out of prison to make room for these hardened rebels.

Yeah, isn't that a bunch of fu cking bull shict?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Apparently, there are no bounds to your fear.And if those horrible religious protesters that so badly threaten your world don't want to be arrested, should the police shoot them?
Actually the president of the Philippines has ordered that solution. He has also given his citizens the right to kill drug traffickers.

What about a thief, can you kill one of them? Is it thievery when you keep something that isn't yours?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mirage243

What about a thief, can you kill one of them? Is it thievery when you keep something that isn't yours?

Are you ever going to make a post on anything you know anything about? Of your posts I have bothered to read I have yet to see the first indication of rational thought.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

That chick looks like Kamogari.

Oh, dear. That was most unkind. At least I can say my dogs were raised better than to think it's OK to randomly destroy stuff while being welcomed as guests into another's home.

But then maybe Dot was secretly trained to intentionally break shyt when her dad was invited to someone's home. Hmmm...

wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mirage243

Are you ever going to make a post on anything you know anything about? Of your posts I have bothered to read I have yet to see the first indication of rational thought.

I'm referring to you dumb fuqk. When are you gonna give the man his stock back? You owe him for his stock and 9 years of interest. Pay the man his money, or shut the fuqk up, you corcksucker.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Lennie
I always thought, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble", was a promised right in the constitution.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/4197204...olation-orders-will-be-held-without-bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation orders will be held without bond

Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

People arrested will be held without bond pending the first appearance.

Chief Judge Michael T. McHugh signed the directive Friday stating people who are arrested shall not be given a “Notice to Appear” nor will be released pursuant to any local bond schedule.

The 20th Judicial Circuit said the person arrested will appear before the first appearance judge.

At first appearance, the judge may accept testimony from the State Health Officer or Department of Health and make a determination whether setting a bond or bail is appropriate.

This directive will remain in effect until further notice.

Anyone who violates any requirements made by the Department of Health pursuant to a declared public health emergency is committing a second-degree misdemeanor.

Haven’t read this whole thread yet so apologies if already posted here.

Your First Amendment Constitution Right can be infringed, even suspended.- temporarily.

Massachusetts vs Prince. circa 1944ish

Aside:

“Most “ Governorships can declare an Emergency and impose strict limitations on freedoms - unless - the respective State Legislatures have a majority vote to limit those Governors’ powers relative to the Emergency declared.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I always thought, "or the right of the people peaceably to assemble", was a promised right in the constitution.

Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

FORT MYERS, Fla. - Anyone arrested for violating isolation or quarantine orders issued by the Florida Department of Health will be held without bond, according to the Supreme Court of Florida.

Chief Judge Michael T. McHugh signed the directive Friday stating people who are arrested shall not be given a “Notice to Appear” nor will be released pursuant to any local bond schedule.

The 20th Judicial Circuit said the person arrested will appear before the first appearance judge.

At first appearance, the judge may accept testimony from the State Health Officer or Department of Health and make a determination whether setting a bond or bail is appropriate.

Anyone who violates any requirements made by the Department of Health pursuant to a declared public health emergency is committing a second-degree misdemeanor.

Your First Amendment Constitution Right can be infringed, even suspended.- temporarily.

Aside:

“Most “ Governorships can declare an Emergency and impose strict limitations on freedoms - unless - the respective State Legislatures have a majority vote to limit those Governors’ powers relative to the Emergency declared.

Imposition of laws that infringe our freedoms isn’t new, being tested for their constitutionality has never been tried. We live with a overpowered government because we haven’t restricted it’s growth due to complacency and ignorance.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HitnRun
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Aside:

Imposition of laws that infringe our freedoms isn’t new, being tested for their constitutionality has never been tried. We live with a overpowered government because we haven’t restricted it’s growth due to complacency and ignorance.

The Constitutionality has been tried and I’ve only given one example .

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Most intelligent posts on this subject in four weeks.
Gentlemen, Great posts.

Move the fück on.

Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Fubarski,

Here's your greatest intellectual challenge. You are a linear, all or none, thinker, incapable of understanding nuance and subtitle.

I'm glad many foreign movies and other international programming available on YT and Netflix have an option to enable subtitles. When I use my remote to turn the option on I don't do it subtly, though. I mash those little buttons, and hard. When I want my subtitles on I want them NOW!

wink

Leighton,

I hope you and your beautiful wife are doing well through all of this . It good the spell checker can bring us some much needed comic relief. laugh

Glad you took it as intended, AS. wink And yes, thank you, we're holing--and holding-- up just fine. Hope the same is true for you and yours. Earlier today I disregarded a clumsily spray painted sign declaring a park closed. I, Wee Wifey and our pair of labs weren't going to enter the park but rather use its lot to access a trail in a wooded area that runs adjacent to the river. After enjoying the solitude, the couple mile hike and swim that the girls enjoyed (the four legged ones) we climbed back into the car and headed out. A half mile after turning onto the local road I see a town cop heading towards me on the other side of the road. I see her eyes get wide and she slams on the brakes of the SUV and sticks her head out the window with a fat finger pointed at me. I slow down and as we approach each other she shrieks out in a tone that reminded me of Edith Bunker, "THE PARK IS CLOSED! CANT YOU READ ENGLISH?"

Obviously she'd rolled into the lot after we'd set out for our walk and seen that a 'violator' was out there somewhere, but not stuck around long enough to grab me 'in the act'. As luck would have it she recognized my car as it headed towards her after our leaving.

In response to her question, I bellowed back as I drove by her, "Sometimes. Now go fark yourself, lady!" My wife in the passenger seat sunk down and looked at me in abject horror and looked as if she fully expected a high speed chase and shootout to ensue. I laughed heartily.

Glad to hear you're doing well and at least your getting a little humor adventure out of this. I'm working from home the last three week, to match with the kids extended spring break. In person classes are all cancelled, so the kids start class from home next week.

The only excitement I've had was at Walmart. About 3 weeks ago, there was a line from the back of the store of people waiting for a load of TP to be unloaded from the truck. I though it was hilarious, and started taking video. Several of the lines multi-cultural participants went crazy and started making physical threats. I took it as a humorous indication of just how stressed and the lack of control some were feeling over this whole situation. They remind me of the campfire members trying to regain their sense of control by declaring "it's just a cold", or that it's time to start a new civil war.

I sure hope there outlets helped Edith, Fubarski and Szihn and our local ferals feel better.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 1,990 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,190
Posts18,465,790
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.