24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
170gr .30-30 Nosler Partitions FS pabucktail 11 seconds ago
I've got 295 .308 170grain Partitions that I no longer need. I've been very happy with the performance of these in the .30-30 and also for making up reduced recoil loads for kids with the .308 and .300 WSM. There are two boxes of 50, and 195 seconds, which like most of the Nosler seconds I've used show no indications of being seconds in any way.

The whole lot is $240 shipped. I'm willing to divide them as follows: The 195 seconds are $160 shipped, and the boxes of 50 are $45 each shipped.

Nosler's pricing for this is now $85 per fifty. That's insane. Payment by check is acceptable for real members or USPS money order for gypsy types.
0 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Black bear sighting BuckHaggard 22 seconds ago
They are all over the place around here, but I have never seen one.
11 678 more...
Re: Only 12 years to climate disaster... Crockettnj 1 minute ago
Bullshit propaganda
3 101 more...
IC B2
Re: Radio find. AKCHOPPER 1 minute ago
Love that cabinet, screams Art Deco, major score. !
10 250 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Varmint Scope Esox357 2 minutes ago
Looking for a good varmint/target scope for a WOA upper in 223. Mostly p dog and target shooting as the rifle is hefty. What do you recommend.
0 4 more...
Re: Simple Deck Suggestions Crockettnj 2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
'
The forever option...
[Linked Image from images.finehomebuilding.com]

Deck : Ruger #1 257 Roberts :: Slab : Mossberg 500
61 2,861 more...
Re: James Bond 007 gun? jwp475 2 minutes ago
Sean Connery was the best Bond, James Bond
25 854 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: What's your "Preferred" wildcat caliber DeanAnderson 3 minutes ago
I only have 1, so it must be my favorite! A 375/350 that I use 235gr Speer and Barnes with using IMR4064. Only paper so far, very pleased with its accuracy.
97 14,839 more...
Re: WTB 257 weatherby reloading slickshot223 3 minutes ago
Have brass and dies---your PM's are full--PM me if you can
1 78 more...
Re: St. Petersburg, Russia..... MontanaMarine 3 minutes ago
There is a palpable sense of civility, decorum, and tidiness that we no longer have in the USA.

It's a shame it takes a heavy-handed regime of a govt to have such a society.

I was in Zagreb, Croatia back in 1993-95. Downtown Zagreb was very similar.
75 3,635 more...
IC B3
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Revisiting CZ 457 stock refinish WoodsyAl 4 minutes ago
Many thanks, everyone, for the kind words. As was obvious from the beginning of my post, I was a bit hesitant to undertake this project. But I’m glad I did and happy with it.
33 2,393 more...
Re: Value?? Custom RARE 90's Remington 700 SS DM BluePrinted, Switch Barrel Rifle Riflman 6 minutes ago
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
1 45 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Estimating Bobcat size? gc45 7 minutes ago
In my area of the NW they run about 20-30 lbs but an older male can reach 35 pretty easily.
7 1,357 more...
Marlin 336 Lever Actions Jump to new posts
Re: Old Marlin Add's Lslite 7 minutes ago
Spent many hours in my youth dreaming of faraway mountains and big game while staring at the pages of catalogs like that.
2 366 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 110PE L_Savage99 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by FUG1899
Several years ago I found a blued PE custom done in 358 Winchester

I wonder if it came factory. Did you swipe it up?
8 385 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 280AI and hornady eld bullets. Big Stick 9 minutes ago
The Company's quarterly prospectus hit yesterday and I barely hit 278K for 23 weeks of "work". Hint.

If only to fuel your HomoErotic Fantasies. Hint.

My cup runneth over. Hint.

Just sayin'....................
80 6,815 more...
Re: President Biden Will Suffer ‘Psychological Torment’ From Hunter Standing Trial Esox357 9 minutes ago
Elites are above the law.
19 844 more...
Re: Treated wood slumlord 9 minutes ago
Diffrtent compounding rates of ingredients. Alkyline copper quaternary. Like .4, 1.0, 2.0 etc
Some for non ground contact, ground contact, and so on and even ratings for full submersion like dock and pier pilings.

That’s kind of the idea

Most jive at Lowes is el cheapo, joe homeowner using incorrect application his stupid cûntwife horse barn bullshît. And yes carpenter bees and termites will get into treated lumber. What a farce ya see on Youtube sometimes.

CCA used to widely available but had arsenic components. Other issues with treated lumber is galvanic reactions eith the screws and nails
Have to use ACQ compatible coated fasteners.
8 303 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Want to hunt Africa 2025 Advice WoodsyAl 10 minutes ago
I’ve commented earlier. I like their operation and hunting style. The outfitter/owner is personally involved, will be in camp everyday, and usually serves as a PH. He has a master’s degree in wildlife. I’m glad to know him and consider him a good friend. Stella is an excellent cook! I’ve hunted plains game with them three times. Two years ago Frans arranged a Cape buffalo hunt for me on the Mpofu Nature Reserve — 39 square miles with no fences that provided a fair chase, free range hunt. I was successful on July 4, 2022. Because they had excess Eland, they offered me one at the bargain trophy fee of $1,000. I filled that the next day.
17 1,325 more...
Re: Plus size women alwaysoutdoors 10 minutes ago
204 28,474 more...
Re: Black Talon Ammo mequirky 10 minutes ago
All 357 are gone.

Inventory:

44mag 21 Boxes left
40 S&W 1 Box left
45acp 14 boxes left
9mm 16 boxes left
30-06 2 boxes @$90 per box
9 668 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: which is the better caliber for most game in N.america PJGunner 12 minutes ago
Based on the OP's limitation of the .300 Win. Mag. or 7MM Mag I'll go with the .300 win. Mag. Mostly because I have five of the damn things and only one in 7MM Rem. Mag. One is a Winchester M70 and the other four are Ruger #1s. Of the four two are 200th year Liberty guns in the S configuration and the other two are another S black pad gun and a #1B. All five rifles just happen to like a load using the 200 gr. Speer Hot Core or 200 gr. Nosler Partition over the long discontinued WMR powder.

The 7MM Rem. has hardly ever been shot for no apparent reason. It too is a Ruger #1B. Probably because I have more than several projects when it comes to reloading ammo. I'm still looking for a load it likes as the few I've tried while giving fair groups hasn't made me all that confident with that rifle, at least so far.

On the other hand I'd be perfectly satisfied with the 30-06 or .308 for just about any hunting I'll ever do the rest of my live. I'm giving serious thought to going with the 7x57. I have a couple of good loads for that rifle and I doubt I'll hunt anything bigger than deer or maybe a cow elk. As I grow older, recoil just isn't the fun/challenge it used to be.
PJ
37 2,014 more...
Bullet Casting Jump to new posts
Re: 45 ACP anothergun 13 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by Reloader762
Monotype will give you a much harder alloy using Less than say Linotype or COWW's. A 50/50 mix of Mono/Pure Lead gets you to around 18 BHN, 1 part Mono to 3 parts Lead is around 12 BHN.

Um, yeah. My mono tests at 28 BHN, so well aware of it's hardness.

How would you know how hard it is? You don't use a reputable tester.... LMAO !!!
33 3,259 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 03A3 at 500 yards 43Shooter 14 minutes ago
Thanks again to all for the info. I'm having a good time shooting at 500 yards with the 03A3 and the 96 Swede, tried that one yesterday. Makes it even better when one of the younger shooters says WTF he's hitting that without a scope.
13 1,331 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Barrel Heating Up ChrisF 14 minutes ago
On instinct, I tried to trap a case ejected from a Rem 742 with my forearm against the bench. Had a 30-06 shaped brand on my forearm for a few years...oh crap it's still there! ...not as cool as a brand that says "Stolle Panda" on it.
35 3,029 more...
Page 1 of 189 1 2 3 188 189
AX24

510 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 41rem, 3040Krag, 270cowboy, 358WCF, 60 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,023
Posts18,520,817
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.