Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I concur.... on both fronts.

Pretty snug on the action screws seems to be the way to go, and my rifles all shot best with them farmer tight. I also took the front action screw to the grinding wheel... just a little off the top to be sure there's no contact. If you get 'bore's excellent milled Talley's, you get the shortened front base screw also.

I also agree with Dave, man.... bedding all my Tikkas has done little for the 'accuracy'... but it has helped with the consistency. Once bedded, those random little shifts in zero or 1" occasional flyers, seem to go away.

Ok took the front action screw to the grinder, looked like it might be touching but could not see any marks on the bolt. But went ahead and touch it up anyways, because it looked like it was right there. I will have to find someone to either bed the rifle or take the time to show me as I have never done any bedding. I torqued it down to 43"lbs as the next setting on my TW is 50"lbs. I am also thinking of buying a B&C Medalist stock for it if I don't get the results I want. Going to the range tonight around 8 so I will see how it does.

Clos

NRA Life Member