24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunting Rifles
Re: Strange Bullet Behaviour? pathfinder76 19 seconds ago
Originally Posted by Igloo
That seems to support rather than counter his position. Isn't that just what he is saying? That the manner in which the SD changes IN the animal dictates teriminal performance?

Run the numbers on this. Can you tell me what that calculation means for next time? You can put a number on anything.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
68 4,668 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: This will make you smile ol_mike 54 seconds ago
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
LMAO !!

Originally Posted by JeffP
laugh
2 206 more...
Re: Indian motorcycle PaulBarnard 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by Esox357
Thanks guys. Didn't know they were affiliated with Polaris. Good to know. I'll definitely ride before buying.
Not affiliated. Polaris owns them completely.

That's like saying you and your husband aren't affiliated. He owns you completely.
21 1,437 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Swarovski z5 3.5-18x44 donsm70 1 minute ago
Tag
2 245 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer Ruger .44 Carbine Sasha_and_Abby 2 minutes ago
I agree with the scoped rifle use on deer now. However, I would imagine that an awful lot of people would buy one with the explosion in hogs. That's what a lot of the locals here use them for.
11 864 more...
Re: Precipation Maps mark shubert 5 minutes ago
Unavailable or removed
18 1,047 more...
Predators and Varmints Jump to new posts
Re: Ideal Barrel length for .22-250 erich 5 minutes ago
I know of some that are shooting short barreled 22-250s with suppressors and others with long heavies. The best barrel length is what works for YOU.

I have one with a 22" pencil barrel and one with a 24" heavy barrel, they both kill coyotes. One goes in my back scabbard for long hikes and the other for open country near the truck. 20" or less for the first one would work, 26 or 28 would work for the second one the barrel length on the first was what the rifle came with and the second was a deal I got on a low round count used barrel. My concern was weight not length, 2-4 inches one way or the other won't make any difference to me as far as killing stuff.
5 256 more...
Re: NIB, GSG-1911 .22 LR 10 rd magazine dajudge43 7 minutes ago
SOLD
3 260 more...
Re: The debt: we are in big trouble.... ol_mike 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mcadams17
we are only increasing our debt by 1 trillion every 100 days
If true, then it is inevitable that the 1 trillion increase will soon come every 50 days and then every 25 days and it becomes inevitable that no one around the world wants the U.S. dollar.

And that is when the SHTF!
Originally Posted by Eric308
How many prescription meds are you on? Use a CPAP? Any other medical devices? From your post count, I calculate your post-collapse lifespan to be at best, a few days.
Yes, there will be a huge thinning of the herd with no insulin or COPD medications or dialysis.

Hastings, you ain't wrong.. Sadly.

The debt will become so unmanageable, the printing of new money will have zero effect, other than to exacerbate the inevitable collapse.

When Popeye's meals and Wonder bread stop, best look out.

Keep your powder dry. You WILL have "visitors".
Yup. And there are so many people who still think everything will be just fine. How can anyone think that 33 trillion and climbing in debt is ok? Wait until they lower interests rates and watch what happens. Thats also coming. We are in for some seriously rough times
It's 34.7 trillion bro,, not that it matters. 33 trillion was last week.
smile
71 3,271 more...
Hunting Rifles
Re: What is your favorite hunting rifle? DeanAnderson 7 minutes ago
Just got it not too long ago, and it's quickly surpassed all the other ones. A Gentry Custom Mountain Rifle in 7mm Mauser. Easy to carry, points like a dream, accurate, incredible trigger... really looking forward to some time with it in the deer woods this fall.
7 187 more...
IC B3
Re: NYC Mayor Says Illegals Should Be Lifeguards, Because They’re Excellent Swimmers 😂 12344mag 7 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Some one needs to tell him they're not Cubans.........

That's insensitive.

I sure hope so!
16 627 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Turkey slam question retrieverman 8 minutes ago
If you do decide to go after a Rio, I would recommend coming to TX instead of Oklahoma. Turkey numbers in OK are horrible, and hunting is tough.

I’m just really getting into turkey hunting and have only killed Rios, and at some point, I’d like to go after other the other species.
5 215 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Want to hunt Africa 2025 Advice Pancho1 8 minutes ago
Oh - don't worry about the fence. You'll probably never see it after you enter the property.
12 641 more...
Re: You’ve heard of ‘gas wars’ what about Bass Wars?? alwaysoutdoors 8 minutes ago
4 170 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Your favorite scope on a carbine you want to keep light, handy and fast? Igloo 8 minutes ago
Nice, Mannlicher!

That's what I am scope shopping for right now. The Gen II version in 7.62x39
128 10,253 more...
Re: *** Beautiful 1948 Belgian J Falla 12 ga SXS *** GrouseChaser 9 minutes ago
Curious: are the barrels proofed for nitro powder, and are the chambers originally 2.75 inch? Thanks.
18 1,506 more...
Re: Testicles 12344mag 10 minutes ago
You know how you can tell if a gal is ticklish?

Just give her a test tickle!
6 510 more...
Re: Winchester M70 Alaskan in .338 WM, box, brass Biebs 11 minutes ago
Good buy!
2 309 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: BREVEX No. 15 joins my collection of Brevex Magnum Mausers - a Roy Dunlap Custom. MikeS 12 minutes ago
Looks great! Quite the time capsule from another era.
The thought of shooting a 20 shot string from prone with that beast gives me a nervous tic though.
5 732 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 280AI and hornady eld bullets. Big Stick 13 minutes ago
There’s no slighting your countless WELL founded Insecurities,Wanton Man Lust Fantasies and Bumbling Brokedicktitude,in no particular order. Hint.

Keep the Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint.

Just sayin’………..
43 3,865 more...
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Cartridge and barrel Pancho1 13 minutes ago
Govenor in RSA. I wouldn't worry about. Most of the customs folks aren't savvy enough to know difference between 375 & 375 AI. You can always tell them that the AI is the guy's initials that invented the barrel - which would be very true.
1 77 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: .22 Pistol Semi's mud_bogger 14 minutes ago
Marvel
24 1,766 more...
Re: WTS: NEF (H&R) heavy barrel 223 TnBigBore 14 minutes ago
Btt
1 177 more...
Re: 36 Caliber Long-Tang Southern Mountain Flintlock Rifle htredneck 14 minutes ago
Bump...
5 612 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: The Mighty Little 20ga Does It Again retrieverman 16 minutes ago
Great write up and a beautiful bird!!! Congrats!
5 170 more...
Page 1 of 191 1 2 3 190 191
AX24

555 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,263 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,948
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.