-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Mcarbo Spring Model 70 Swampman700 2 minutes ago
Thanks
2 190 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Reloading supplies in your area? Gojoe 3 minutes ago
I'm heading out to the gunshow. It's a 75 mile trip each way. Hopefully it will be worth the ride. I give a short price and availability report later.
25 1,312 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WANTED: Ruger Redhawk 45 BladeRimfire 4 minutes ago
Is it the Lipseys Ruger Redhawk 45ACP/45LC model 5050 that you desire?
1 97 more...
IC B2
Re: Redfield 4X Rifle Scope M1Riflenut 5 minutes ago
I'll take it. PM inbound.
3 289 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Who misses Beaver ?? jaguartx 6 minutes ago
Moi.
12 617 more...
Re: Case XX Bowie Knife: I Had No Idea The_Real_Hawkeye 7 minutes ago
Found this ad at knifecenter.com

"Case Bowie Kodiak Hunter 6" Mirror Polished Fixed Blade (KODIAK STAG) Gift Box - 356"

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]

Bowie, in modern parlance, refers to a general pattern of characteristics. The Kodiak is on the small side for the designation, but most recognize it as a Bowie in general type, to include The Knife Center.
58 2,823 more...
Re: Q jaguartx 8 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DMc
K22, a quick thanks for all you do here.

Yep, for sure.
45,322 3,996,566 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Remington 760 Re-Barrel? bbassi 10 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Mike_S
The magazine is probably worth $100 bucks. I don't think it will work with .308.
the magazine in his picture isn't worth $0.10 to anyone who's tried one.
20 1,866 more...
Re: Bushnell Nitro scope scottf270 13 minutes ago
Both scopes are sold.
2 269 more...
Re: "Pics or it never happened" sockpuppet scumballs invited to participate.. jaguartx 18 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Raeford
Hey Renegade, opening morning at my place[4/13].
Isn't this a stunning pile of firewood?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dang nice.
5,945 569,730 more...
IC B3
Africa Jump to new posts
Re: Minimum cartridge for elephant. Gearguywb 19 minutes ago
I believe most countries require a 375 or larger. I hope to hunt one in '26 and have a 416 Rigby sitting here waiting for some work smile
31 2,776 more...
Bullet Casting Jump to new posts
Re: Anybody powder coating? DigitalDan 20 minutes ago
Almost forgot. My .45-70 makes me angry. Purchased a scope for it, but it had a tang sight already, so went to the range like that.

Plain ol' cast bullets.

Best I could do at 100 yds with black powder and an elbow rest. Where in heck is the famous one hole group to be found?
26 3,098 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Pressure CX v LRX v TTSX bwinters 30 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RinB
I have had same results with the 129LRX. The recovered LRX’s look different but results are the same.

Could you elaborate on this sentence? I've never killed anything with the 129 LRX but my 270 really likes them. The 150 Partition is a good elk bullet for sure but the 129 shoots flatter.
31 3,352 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Any love for the 30/06 jk16 30 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Marshal_Dillon
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Who was it who said "There's nothing you can't fix with $700 and a .30-06."

I was told that it was Col. Jeff Cooper that said:

“There ain’t many problems that a man can’t fix, with $700 and a .30-06!”

I don't think he ever said that .

I did hear an nearly identical version from a conversation with a crusty old hunting guide up in N.W. Montana in the late 1980's.

His saying was . -"There ain't too much that can't be fixed with 180 grains from a 30-06 ".

That fellow pretty much thought anyone who hunted Elk with less was either a Queer or a Communist.

I did not agree with his logic on that , but he was not wrong about the 'O6.

He also liked his 180 grainers to be Nosler Partitions wink
186 23,723 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Talley Lightweight's with arrow bwinters 34 minutes ago
I've owned more than few Talley LW and never saw arrows before.
8 456 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop TreeMutt 40 minutes ago
As of last night, Russia has established complete control of Berdychi, Semonivka, Novokaninava and has cut Krasnohorivka in two.

Russia is pummeling supply roads, bridges, ammo dumps, warehouses and bases of foreign advisors.

The Ukrainians have concentrated a large force of Marines at Krynki (Kherson),S. Donetsk, fully equipped and NATO trained along the Dnipro which is now shallow enough to cross on foot and are planning a counter but the Russians see everything and will soon smash the concentration.

The Kiev regime is trying to get Europe to deny passport renewals of those Ukrainians who have fled the cauldron and force them to return, we'll see how that goes !

The globalist neocon Blinken failed to sway China to stop supporting Russia. Also, the German defense minister reported that Russia has now created a SURPLUS OF WEAPONS and are actually stockpiling! This from the Kyiv Independent.

The Russians are pummeling Kharkov and have amassed a large force on the border indicating a large scale offensive possible after their May 9 Victory Day celebrations.

No one knows where the Russian Summer offensive will happen. There are four or five possible axis of advance with sure to be diversions at some point.

MAGA!
5,684 455,227 more...
Re: Noem's South Dakota Bragging Rights rockinbbar 42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
We need fewer stories like this going nationwide.

Yet here you are as the one who brought this front and center.
36 2,021 more...
Re: Any you folks experiencing severe weather, like Tornadoes ? sidewinder72 44 minutes ago
We are predicting tornados for the next few days. One hit in Fredonia, Ks just 40 miles from us. We had a bad one here in 2000 and it made a wide path through our town. we do not have a basement either and I sleep fine. Spring is always a bad time for tornados.
17 633 more...
Re: Union Take CashisKing 54 minutes ago
If you have the need to buy a new home... will you:

A) Buy one built exclusively with Union employees?

B) Buy one built with regular craftsmen/tradesmen?
94 4,086 more...
Re: Will the Jewish Temple be rebuilt one day…? jaguartx 54 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Gen 12:1 Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you.
2 And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."

Whether you like Jews or not, they're still God's chosen people. God says here that he will bless those who support them. The US has done so up to this point and we've been one of the great nations of the world. If (I should say 'when') we turn our backs on them, we'll have God's curse on us. People everywhere are turning away from Israel and look what's happening. Europe is falling to the Muslims and this country is corrupt and bowing to the deviants. Only bad will come out of this. Before the end, the entire world will be against Israel and this world will be ruled by Satan himself in the person of the anti-christ. He'll be short lived but entirely evil. Israel will stand alone...but God will fight for them and they will prevail, not as Jews but as Christians because they will recognize Jesus for who he really is.

Jews comprised only a small portion of the Hebrew Tribes. Judah, Benjamin and half the Levites left the Tribes of Abraham, the Hebrews and formed the Southern Empire and they referred to themselves as Jews. The remaining Tribes of the Hebrews became the Northern Empire called Israel.

The Jews were taken over by Ancient Babylon and later the Tribes of Israel were taken over by the Assyrians and transported North East. Think, Aryan nations. After ages they worked their way to freedom and moved northward and over the Caucasus Mts and from there to the great western shore and compromised (?New) Iberia (Spain), Netherlands, Denmark (Mark of Dan), Ireland, Scotland, Sweden, Great Britain (contraction of Great Birth Nation). They became the Lost Tribes of Israel. They were lost to modern history, not lost to GOD.

The veil is being lifted and will reveal the Great Deception. There are two Israel's. One who GOD referred to when HE said "All of Israel will be saved" and the other Israel built by the Balfore Accords and Rothschilds.

Who was GOD referring to all those hundreds of years that existed before the nation state of Israel? Who was HE referring to in Gen 12:3 800, 500, 300, 100 years ago when there was no Nation of Israel? He was referring to HIS Believers. We Believers are HIS ISRAEL.
63 3,042 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
Re: WWTD (What would Teddy do) ??? jaguartx 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by geedubya
Let's see,,,,,,,,,,,,

This guy has been terrorizing my pens/feeders for the last two seasons.

This is a South African Zebu Bull. It is not a Brahma. Two cows make up his harem. He is mean and feral. No brand. As such he is an exotic. Must have escaped from a game ranch.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last pix until recently was the 15th of November, 2023.

He showed back up the middle of last month.

I decided I had had enough

So a plan was formed.

Here was a South African critter.

I've a S X S double rifle chambered for the 405 Winchester.

So I asked myself, WWTD (What would Teddy do?)

Quien Sabe,

I know what I did.

By now you may be wondering what this has to do with Knives.......

When I first started collecting knives I had to have a Puma White Hunter. IIRC I got this White Hunter some thirty years ago. It is one of the good ones.

I recently have acquired two 'Marabu's" by South African maker Arno Bernard.

The one on the left has warthog tusk scales. The one on the right is Kudu bone.

I cut twelve +/-1 lb. steaks out of one backstrap for bacon wrapped filets. The other I cut into three portions for roasts or jerky.

At 72, I'll probably never make it to Africa, but I luv it when a plan comes together........

Especially with a Texas Twist!

ya!

GWB

Tenderloins, didja get the Tenderloins?
13 1,395 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Kimber - How they can build the "perfect" hunting rifle. Burleyboy 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Kimber would DESTROY the Market,if they went Montucky 223(again)(2.500" COAL),22 ARC,22 Kreed',6 ARC and 6 Kreed'...all twisted 7" and 22" long. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

This!

I've been wanting a small stainless action like stick just spelled out for a while. I did snag 1 stainless mini grendel and it shoots well but I'm not sure the action itself is actually stainless it appears to be coated.

Someone needs to make a small body stainless mini action consistent enough for shouldered prefits. I'm thinking I'd like maybe a flat bottom with integral lug like a howa mini. A 3 lug 60 degree bolt similar to my cz 600 lux, the 2.5- 2.6" mag box room, compatible with rem 700 triggers, a flat ejection angle so you can mount a scope low and not bounce cases off the windage turrets. Stainless action body but a 1 piece 4140 dlc coated bolt. There were a few other ideas a few months back when some of us were posting about it.

It'd probably easier not to build the feed rails into the action but let them be part of the mag box so they could be tuned or have different mag boxes for different rounds. I need to get a Jefferson bdl box to see how he does it for the minis but I always miss them when he gets more made up.

I don't think it needs to have a bunch of extra cuts to lighten it to keep the cost down. There's a big cnc shop in Idaho Falls that does a lot of production for a bunch of different industries. They had several 4 and 5 axis machines all running making airsoft gun parts last time I was in there. I didn't count but there were at least 20 machines each the size of a small suv all cranking stuff out in just 1 of their rooms.

They said most of the cost is the prototype and set up costs but that once the design is dialed in if designed for efficient machining they could be cranked out fairly quickly and substantial cheaper than I might guess. They said over the last few years the precision and speed of their newer machines have increased dramatically.

Unfortunately whenever I mention the idea to anyone in the gun industry they don't think that such an action would sell. Legacy guys recently told me they only brought in a few stainless minis from their sister company this 1 time because there's no demand for stainless rifles in the US. They said they sell way more blued guns than they do stainless. I said maybe thats because you don't make any stainless ones. Defiance told me that they don't need a smaller action because the anti was already available and it's light enough. I told them it could be shorter with a shorter smaller footprint for a smaller round. The others like kelbly and zermat I've spoke with have basically said there's enough Remington clones already and the only real market is with the competition shooters who want sturdy actions etc etc.

I really think the time is right for a good stainless mini action especially with the 6mm and 22 arc out now. I guess we'll just have to wait long enough and pound the industry with requests for long enough that one morning one of them will finally wake up and go hey, I just had a great idea.

Bb
29 1,996 more...
Re: Sears model 53 ( model 70 action and barrel) with 6x Leupold Troutnut 1 hour ago
$700 shipped
16 1,537 more...
Re: FS Jack O'Connor's Zeiss camera shrapnel 1 hour ago
Dang John, that’s too bad! I would have wanted to go to the event myself had I known about it sooner. I would like to take a look at the camera…
17 1,505 more...
Re: College ShortMagFan 1 hour ago
Congrats on having what sounds like a smart and motivated grand daughter

Pretty incredible I think I’m the first to say that on this thread? I dunno, I started skimming pretty quick when people started saying she could skip college and make enough money to have a great life anyway

Despite all of its flaws, a degree from a school like Michigan or USC is going to be worth it for anyone who applies themselves and wants to go into a field with good earning potential. My sister in law is an architect and does quite well
30 1,338 more...
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 61 62
AX24

214 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 2500HD, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 160user, 257robertsimp, 21 invisible), 1,750 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,146
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.