11,708 928,913 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop jaguartx 10 minutes ago
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
5,080 398,889 more...
IC B2
Re: Why I absolutely hate March!😀 ironbender 13 minutes ago
Woke to about 8 beautiful inches of spring. Tough day plowing. Very wet, sticky, heavy snow.
15 956 more...
Re: Its meme time Morgoth 14 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DMc
You'd He would get a transplant with all that generational money
75,324 13,983,270 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Levels of power/destruction based on cartridge bsa1917hunter 19 minutes ago
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Never been a fan of the 243 or 25-06 I’d bump it up to 270 I know it sounds ghey 🤣🤣🤣

That does sound gay. If you went with 7x57 or 7mm-08, that’s all anyone would need. Power level or not
8 523 more...
Re: Justice Brown demonstrates that 1st Amend works CCCC 20 minutes ago
Ketangi seems to understand the effect, but she's all dumb about the principle. Then too, maybe some day she will wake up and realize that she is - or was - a woman. What high credit to the highest court in the land - bless her heart.
18 978 more...
Re: Connecting Dots jaguartx 25 minutes ago
11,708 928,913 more...
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop Nrut 30 minutes ago
The losses of the Ukrainian Armed Forces in the confrontation with the Russian Armed Forces are estimated in millions, not hundreds of thousands.

This was stated by the former chief of the general staff of the Polish army, General Raimund Andrzejczak, to the Polsat TV channel.

“Ukraine is losing this war,” the general said.
5,080 398,889 more...
Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? Burleyboy 30 minutes ago
Was Beavis and butthead that were fishing for old people with prunes on a hook? Seemed funny at the time.

Bb
3 151 more...
IC B3
Re: Do You Believe In God ? CCCC 32 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by scoony
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.
scoony, I welcome your comments as important. Many answered the title question directly and simply, as did I. The tension grows when others deride or attack some of those responses. It is my observation that most of the believers do not take offense because others don't share their beliefs, but rather due to the nature of some posts - sometimes quite a few negative posts.

The example you cited above was my observation, ending with a question regarding the reason for that.

To understand how the name-calling develops in some of these threads one has to go back through the posts and find the roots - where it starts and by whom (usually predictable). Then, due to some of our human tendencies, others fight fire with fire. I don't see it as an example of a moral standard, but do think it is generally ineffective and useless, and not a good example to set. If that amounts to a mea culpa in the eyes of some, so be it.

But, that question about reason is cogent, and it remains.
What a pathetic, groveling, suck-arss P.O.S. Don't think you're going to talk your arss out of things on Judgement Day before God.
Not only is your post vulgar and disrespectful, but it again reeks of assumed superiority and pretend control of God's actions. And - it's beginning to seem like you are an Aussie.
759 55,511 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? CCCC 37 minutes ago
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by scoony
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.
scoony, I welcome your comments as important. Many answered the title question directly and simply, as did I. The tension grows when others deride or attack some of those responses. It is my observation that most of the believers do not take offense because others don't share their beliefs, but rather due to the nature of some posts - sometimes quite a few negative posts.

The example you cited above was my observation, ending with a question regarding the reason for that.

To understand how the name-calling develops in some of these threads one has to go back through the posts and find the roots - where it starts and by whom (usually predictable). Then, due to some of our human tendencies, others fight fire with fire. I don't see it as an example of a moral standard, but do think it is generally ineffective and useless, and not a good example to set. If that amounts to a mea culpa in the eyes of some, so be it.

But, that question about reason is cogent, and it remains.

Lets check the tape and see where it started on this thread:

Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

Then the call out for hierocracy.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.
Yes, I absolutely believe in God! And what you are saying is your opinion and nothing more. The world would be be much better place if we all followed Christian morals

Get the Christians to follow the morals first....then see who follows.

A Christian calls out Catholics:

Originally Posted by TwoTall
I was raised catholic also so I understand what a bad first experience about religion you had. Catholic is a joke, it has nothing to do with Jesus or God. Find a good church that preaches the Bible, your life literally depends on it. Too not believe in God is foolish.

Here's my first post:

Define "God".

And here's the "Christian" response to it:

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Define "God".

You've stated you don't many times. Move along with the rest of the fools.

You have a very selective memory.
Where was the name-calling?
759 55,511 more...
Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? CCCC 43 minutes ago
Yeah, I eat one once in a while. Good for me.

The occasional pack rats out here try to eat them too, but the pack rats die - because prunes are great bait in the traps.
3 151 more...
Re: Goat milk CCCC 45 minutes ago
You are all too correct - and your saga brings back memories from 75+ years ago.

Younger brother had some excema rash stuff in the notch of his elbows when about 5 years old - persistent - doc finally said it was from bovine milk and said "give him goat milk instead for a while". Weekly family drive out to countryside to fetch the goat milk in a bucket with loose lid. One trip, little sister knocked it over - spilled on back seat floor/carpet of the '42 Chevy.

Soon had that same bad smell in the car. Brother's arms healed up and he grew out of the allergic reaction. Car did not heal up - we got a new '49.
8 415 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Sig P320 JGray 47 minutes ago
I'm a fan - 9mm Xcarry and 357 Sig Compact both with Wilson grip modules, Xten, and just added a 45 Compact. Debating adding the Xten grip module with full size mags for the 45 Compact...
7 443 more...
Re: Anybody eating Prunes ????? Hammerdown 51 minutes ago
I try to have one every night before bed.
As a kid, I liked them fresh out of the dehydrator. Benefit working at a prune dehydrator.

Reminder, not to eat too many,
3 151 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Gun Show 99.s kk alaska 58 minutes ago
Gun show in Anchorage sorry no pictures, 99 250 Savage, not factory drilled and tapped, 1 million plus ser #, lever safety, EG style forend with a high comb buttstock? Metal was proud at the tang. Restock or?

Also Savage 99 22 Hi Power with an Ivory butplate probably from way North fit was perfect about 1/4 inch thick. If I see them at future gun shows I will get pictures.
0 42 more...
Re: Goat milk slumlord 1 hour ago
Now you know the smell of Boomers at gun shows

🤮👏🏻🙏🏼💒🤢🫠
8 415 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Iditarod Race 79S 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

Just a sad little man pretending to care about dogs.
Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.
GFY

lol uh ok Mr Kauai. When was the last time you were in Alaska? Let me guess spring of 82?
92 11,125 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Price check Remington 700 VS 22-250 LEFT hand kk alaska 1 hour ago
Twist rate?
2 161 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 1 hour ago
Re: Gold is Testing $2,200.00 The_Real_Hawkeye 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by EdM
I became more than tempted and bought $2000 worth.
Worth of??
64 4,815 more...
Page 1 of 747 1 2 3 746 747
YB23

Who's Online Now
101 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 375sunrise, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 12 invisible), 1,193 guests, and 498 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,435
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.