24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Why I absolutely hate March!😀 OldmanoftheSea 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
It’s a month of constantly changing weather. Get a day in the mid 60s, followed by 3 days of 30s.
A day or two of sunshine followed by a week of rain or snow. I remember a few years ago that February lasted 10 weeks long, then it went directly into late May!😀
Spent a whole day shoveling heavy snow that’s completely gone 5 days later.
“Don’t like the weather? Wait for 15 minutes”!😀
What really makes me more miserable is that all winter long I have been planning what I want to do when it warms up. Get outside and shake the blues caused by cold short days and winter time funk.
March is often a month of being kicked in the teeth by Mother Nature!😀
Don’t mean to rant. I’m just always impatient at this time of year. All my shells are prepped and loaded, and I’m looking forward to doing a little more shooting and a little less moping.😀
Anyone else get this bug?
Reon
You should try Houston weather.
16 1,050 more...
Re: snake repellant rockinbbar 1 minute ago
Originally Posted by bpas105
Originally Posted by LHS905
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Come on.....nobody going to point out that it's a milk snake, not a coral snake?!

LHS
I was sitting here saying to myself -red touches yellow, dangerous fellow. Red touches black, won't fight back. But it looks more like a King snake instead of a Milk snake to me.

It's 100% coral snake.

https://animalia.bio/texas-coral-snake
37 1,724 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Tikka .223 T3/T3X 2.55" OAL Magazines For Sale Bearcat74 2 minutes ago
These are good to go. Mine has been excellent.
2 115 more...
IC B2
Re: 22-250 Encore barrel 17" WVTILLIDIE 3 minutes ago
TTT
1 120 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson- Our Military is Corrupt OldmanoftheSea 4 minutes ago
Video got yoinked
73 4,530 more...
Re: Jack Ryan vs Jack Reacher champlain_islander 5 minutes ago
Reacher has a funny walk. He wins in a fight though.
15 618 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Scope for 30-06 Boarmaster123 5 minutes ago
I have a ruger tanger in 30-06. It wears a VX3 3.5-10x40. It has been an excellent rifle and caliber. Likely all I ever needed. But you know not all I wanted. To me its a classic all around set up. Shoots Remington Green box 165s first two shots touching and the third 3/4 inches high and to the left. I shot it as my primary rifle for twenty years.

I Also have a Browning ABolt hunter in 30-06. It was taken in as boot on a car deal when my family owned a Ford Dealership.
My brother just set in my office one afternoon. It wears a VX-R 1.25-4x20 illuminated reticle. I used it when I hunted in Florida to jump shoot hogs. An ATV rifle. It shoots great and handles very well. I could get on those hogs quick with that scope and get if a shot quick with the tang safety on the browning. I never warmed up to the BOSS system. Even tried the solid non-break end. Just never got used to it. More rifles came along and the browning sits in the safe. I gave up the hog lease in Florida and took up killing whitetails in Alabama.
17 602 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Scope for 30-06 Bugger 15 minutes ago
6x Leupold
17 602 more...
Re: Jack Ryan vs Jack Reacher Dillonbuck 17 minutes ago
Originally Posted by FatCity67
John Kelly

A Clancy fan for sure!
15 618 more...
Re: Tucker Carlson- Our Military is Corrupt Dillonbuck 19 minutes ago
Originally Posted by RAS
Here is my suggestion.

Go to your local recruiting office and ask them how things are going. To the career recruiters, ask them if they believe this is the worst recruiting environment that they have ever seen. Ask them how hard it is to make mission even with ‘greatly’ lowered entrance standards.

That is all you will need to know to convince yourself. Again, ask them.

——

IMO, the worst thing that this White House did to this country is make the military hyper political.

Middle America largely fills the military. Most people in the recent past didn’t join for benefits or college tuition. They did it for patriotic reasons. Those people are staying home now rather than being forced fed constant DEI PowerPoint presentations.

Recruiting is horrible right now. It’s not going to get better. If Trump wins, recruiting will recover quickly. Again, in my opinion.

Don't know how much, or fast, it would change under Trump.

Obama played the smart, long game.
He placed his demons throughout the upper echelons.
In the years since, they have infested everything, targeting sycophants for increased power and held back those who would oppose their policies.

A new Commander in Cheif would inspire many to enlist. Based off trust of, and
support for Trump. Once in, they would run into the mindset and culture Obama fostered.
73 4,530 more...
IC B3
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Shortest shot on a deer? Bugger 21 minutes ago
5’
91 10,635 more...
Winchester Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Winchester Model 64A - Value? StarchedCover 26 minutes ago
260Remguy,

Thanks for your insight on this. In looking at GB and Guns International I don't see many Model 64A's out there, one in much poorer condition starting at $999 with no bids and one sold last year on GI in similar condition that sold for $1400.

As this is someone I know, I'm not looking to take advantage of his offer if it's more than I anticipated.

Again, thanks for your feedback.

StarchedCover
2 184 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Moderate loads for the 7mm Remington mag? SDupontJr 28 minutes ago
Couple things, I use H1000 with 162 eld match and x's. I been reloading for a few years now for all of my 308's and just started playing around with my 30+ year old Browning Abolt II Medallion. I was trying to see what I could get out of it velocity wise then tune the load with my BOSS system. I'm at 71g H-1000 at .311 MOA, but waiting on my chrono to come back to get speeds. I'm guessing I'm close to 3000. The difference is your at 22" which will make speeds slower in itself. You'll also have to hope in finding an accurate node at lower speeds as well.
2 151 more...
Mausers and Military Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: "Take a Mauser hunting" an important message from the Mauser Rescue Society MS9x56 34 minutes ago
Did the 173 gr SPCE exit?
185 118,050 more...
Re: Dominican Republic Dillonbuck 38 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I'm betting they have a fence. Even though we're told they don't work.

Bb

They only work if one wants them too.

Been hearing they don't work for years, and it just dawned on me.
There was a famous wall in Germany for awhile. It took a few years to
get it right, once they did, few crossed it without permission.

I guess no politician will mention it, doing so would immediately get you accused
of all kind of stupid stuff. Which is dumb, the conversation is about border barriers.
23 1,276 more...
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Shortest shot on a deer? Skeezix 41 minutes ago
Closest kill was maybe one yard from me, but only about 12 to 18 inches off the muzzle of my rifle, a Ruger 77RL in .250-3000 shooting a handloaded 100gr TSX at about 2790 fps. Wildlife biologist acquaintance of mine had told me that at the beginning of or during the rut, if you could find some fresh scrapes, still being used and freshened by a buck, you could urinate in them and the buck would think that another buck was doing it and would come looking for you. But, only do this when stand hunting off the ground, from a tree stand or shooting house.

Getting a late start on opening morning, just at daylight, I was easing along quietly, walking to my ladder stand along a deer trail that followed the top of a creek bank. About 90 yards along the trail, I found a very fresh scrape, so I stopped and urinated in it a little. I was very familiar with that area and knew if there was one scrape, there would be two to four more before I got to my stand. I traveled about 40 more yards and found another, so I urinated in that one some. About 35 more yards and there was another one, and my stand was only about another 35 yards further on, so I was in the process of urinating in that one when I heard a buck grunting loudly to my right. I looked and coming at me on the trail was a good sized buck and he was pi$$ed off at my pi$$ing in his scrapes. He dropped his head and full-on charged me, antlers aimed right at my lower abdomen. I barely had time to get my rifle off my shoulder, pivot and try to jump to the right, and fire from the hip as I spun.

At the shot, the buck reared up, grazing my coat with its left antler, fell backwards and sideways, falling about 8 feet over the edge of the creek bank, then ran about 40 yards headlong into thick brush and died. I was left shaking like a dog pooping peach pits and it took me a bit to regain my composure. The buck was a young ten-point and weighed about 280 lbs. The bullet entered the buck's chest but there was no exit wound. There was about a 5 inch diameter spot on his chest where all of the hair was gone, with the entrance wound right in the middle, from the muzzle blast. There was no exit wound and I looked for the bullet, but couldn't find it when dressing the deer.
91 10,635 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Lucky Gunner's extensive test results... bwinters 41 minutes ago
2 things jumped out at me.

1. The expansion and penetration of the 9mm loads/bullets
2. The number of bullets that failed to open, esp in the 45 ACP

Thanks for posting.
1 117 more...
Re: Dominican Republic Boarmaster123 54 minutes ago
Haitans have been coming to the US in good numbers for many years.
23 1,276 more...
Re: Goat milk Boarmaster123 59 minutes ago
When I was a kid my mom ended up with a leaky milk jug in the back seat. She got home and wiped it up off the seat. Not realizing it had got down behind and under the seat. It didn't take long for us to smell it. Terrible smell. Dad took the seat out and did what he could to scrub it but the smell never completely went away.
9 488 more...
Re: Do You Believe In God ? mauserand9mm 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Yes i believe in God and so as most humans since time immemorial

Really? Which one? The Christian god has only been around for 2000 years or so and is a basically a new god on the block. Many stories in the bible have been pinched and modified from earlier religion belief versions (eg flood, resurrection).

Humans have been around for 300,000 years or so - it's a rather bold statement to suggest that we've always believed in a god/s. There are articles that suggest that humans didn't start making up gods until about 40,000 years ago, and consolidation into early religions at around 11,000 years ago.
762 56,206 more...
Originally Posted by scoony
Originally Posted by CCCC
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Dang! Lots or name calling here. Fine example of some moral standards to follow?

The title of this thread asks a question, one that all can answer. The believers are just as drawn to this as the non-believers, probably more so. Seems that you all take offense to the fact that others don’t share your beliefs in a super natural being.

CCCCCC is just like a believer moth with Karen tendencies - it's his flame and everyone else should stay away from it. LOL!!!
762 56,206 more...
Re: FS: AG Composites Visigoth Carbon Stock 907brass 1 hour ago
Congrats on the boat!
Up for a smart decision and a nice stock.
1 161 more...
Re: FS Leupold Backcountry Ringmounts 171098 308ld 1 hour ago
ttt
6 421 more...
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
The probability of the universe existing, the probability of it existing and being so vast, whether by the hand of God or not by the hand of God, is so low that it is close to zero. It is just unbelievable that existence exists - no matter how it came about. Yet we know it does exist. The probability argument and the vastness argument therefore does not swing things in favor of "no god", in fact it swings things in favor of "god". If on the balance of probabilities that god exists, then which god? No one has come up with a better explanation of what constitutes god that what we have in the West.

You can't determine the probability. There may well be infinite universes (multiverses) if which case life is then inevitable.

God is just a pacifier placeholder for the superstitious and solves nothing - you can"t solve a mystery with another mystery.
762 56,206 more...
Re: Buck Knives HeavyLoad 1 hour ago
Tuesday morning
7 359 more...
Page 1 of 107 1 2 3 106 107
YB23

Who's Online Now
191 members (257 mag, 35, 3333vl, 163bc, 338reddog, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,301 guests, and 585 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,465
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.