A good friend who through sheer guts and hard work is just now crawling out of a financial hole is getting married. His dream is to find a left-handed Savage bolt-action rifle that he can eventually rebarrel to 6.5x284. I would REALLY like to get him that rifle for a wedding present.

Stock condition is unimportant - we will sand, stain, refinish or paint any existing stock and then glass bed it.

Barrel condition is unimportant - it will be tossed once he can afford to buy a new barrel (although it would be nice if it were serviceable enough for some deer/elk hunting in the meantime).

Metal condition is unimportant - we will remove rust and cold-blue or duracoat the metal.

WHAT IS IMPORTANT is that the LEFT-HANDED action length is appropriate for rebarreling to 6.5x284, and that the initial cost is LOW, LOW, LOW. It's not that I am cheap (well, yeah, some people would say I know how to pinch a penny), it's mainly that I'm retired and spare 20 dollar bills aren't exactly raining down from the sky right now.

So if you have one or know someone who has one, and want to help me make a grown man cry (in a good way!), I will do all I can to take a sow's ear and turn it into one man's dream.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke