Short story about Nosler and their bullet advice-

When I was a young pup I went in Shooters Pro Shop on a Thursday afternoon and bought a 257 Weatherby with the oiled stock, 26" of course. Needed dies, brass, bullets, scope, mounts, the works, and got it all right there. Being young and even MORE full of myself I told them I was going to shoot a bear with it on Saturday. Mmm hmm says they. I opted for 100 grain ballistic tips against their advice. They said whatever you do don't shoot a bear up close or it'll blow up, (the bullet, not the bear). Well, Saturday I was on the mountain and low and behold snuck in on a bear huddled up and sleeping on the uphill side of a large tree. He died. The shot was 40 yards with the little Bee.

The bullet took out a couple ribs and fell out of the hide on the offside when I skinned him out. A more beautiful and perfect mushroom could not be made. So much for Nosler knowing all things about all situations with all cartridges shooting their bullets. That Weatherby broke all their rules and yet, the bullet performed perfectly.

LOL