Nice thread BSA ! I know what you mean about these guns, an airline Capt, shooting flying buddy rode over to Thomasville GA with me in early to mid 90's, A big old gun shop had just gotten a mod 70 Sporter Classic in with the BOSS, it had nice wood and I had been reading up on the BOSS concept,I knew enough about tuners and muzzle brakes to say heck its a buy, leupold mounts and VX11 3x9, box 2 boxes of Fed prem 165 gr BT and I was set, We rode back to farm ,airstrip and range, I mounted the base ,rings and scope and we walked out to bench after reading the BOSS flyer and set the BOSS on 2 for the 165 gr BT's, 4 shots later I was in the black bulls eye, 2 more shots were a perfect all 3 touching each other cloverleaf, 7 or 8 shots later yielded 7 or 8 whitetails! My only fuss was the brake would blow you ears out! No kick at all to speak of ,My buddy tried to get the gun from me for the next 10 years, a beautiful gun just like it came up in supergrade and I bought it, sold the lucky tackdriver . I had harvested between 20 and 30+ deer with that gun, since my pal Chip talked me out of it he, his young son and daughter are stacking the whitetails up!
Fantastic gun! Guess what the Supergrade has never shot as well as that gun!
Sometimes you just get lucky! very best WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 06/26/15.