I have a Hornady collett bullet puller. I am about ready to use it on a project, and I thought I'd run it all past you for a sanity check.

I am re-purposing my Remington 7600 in 35 Whelen. For ten seasons it has worked very well shooting 200 grain Rem SPCL's at whitetails, but I have had a few additions in the rack, and I decided to take the "Whelenizer" out of the rotation for deer season. About the same time, I started a project to try bullet casting, and targeted all my .358 chamberings. So far, the project has gone well. I tried my 7600 this past weekend with my first powder coated bullets cast from an RCBS 358-200-FN mold.

I'm going to load 50 or so rounds, in 2 grain increments, looking for the optimal accuracy and speed. Somewhere along the way, I expect to find the optimal load, and it will probably leave me with a bunch of rounds in the wrong amount of powder.

My question to y'all is this: If I pull the remainder of the rounds with the collet puller, dump the powder and start over, are the primed cases ready for powder and a new bullet? If not, what else needs to be done.

The bullets will go back to the melter.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer