I rechambered a new Rem 204 barrel for the 20VT a few years back and it has been the very best small game rifle I could ask for. Accuracy in the sub 2's during testing with 4198 being the powder of choice and 19.2gn under the 35gn Berger gave me 3700fps and was an emphatic killer of the rabbit I built it for but even gaost were no match for this bullet. I have changed my shooting style over the last few years and rarely shoot the 350-400yds I was doing so the nosler "SHOTS" bullet over 9.2gn Blue Dot for 2700fps is a great under 200 yds rabbit killer.The best thing for me is that with the nosler zeroed at 150yds the same sight setting has the Berger bullet zeroed at 250yds so I can shoots hundreds of the lower velocity (barrel preserving) but entirely adequate,loads and carry the faster berger load so I am handily prepared for any eventuality on an outing

Edit to add.
I used Fireball brass for the fast loads but 222 and 223 brass is very cheap and available and so I made 400 20VT cases from them with completely satisfactory ammo

Last edited by VonGruff; 07/05/15.

Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12