http://bleckleydodgepulaski.13wmaz....ag-will-continue-fly-dodge-co-courthouse

The conversation, and deep-running emotions over the confederate flag has come to a courthouse in Central Georgia.

Monday night, Dodge County commissioners stood their ground by keeping the confederate flag flying.
Dodge NAACP chapter President John Battle asked commissioners to vote on taking down the flag in front of the courthouse.
But before Battle spoke, commissioner Karen Cheek read a letter addressing the flag topic.
"It is my sincere belief that this memorial, this flag was created and dedicated to honor all of those who had fallen in this terrible conflict," said Cheek.
Cheek said she does not want the flag down because it pays homage to fallen soldiers.
She also said the flag doesn't fly with any ill intentions. "I honestly believe that this confederate memorial was erected not with hate or animosity," said Cheek.
But Battle disagrees. He says the flag is offensive to African-Americans.
"They said that this flag does not alienate anyone. It does alienate people. We've been oppressed by it. This flag is a racist flag.Hatred. And it's not good for us," said Battle.
During his address to commissioners he added that African-Americans are the true sons and daughters of the confederacy.
"I am the son of the confederacy. I am. We're the true sons and daughters of the confederate. Ask yourself why did we fight? We fought about free labor. It was me. My grandparents, my great grandparents," said Battle.
Others approached the microphone giving their views also.
"I understand the blacks don't like it, that's fine. My great granddaddy fought in the war. And I will die before I see that flag go down," said one resident.
Commissioner Cheek suggested that residents of Dodge County vote on whether or not the flag should stay.
The other commissioners were opposed to her idea.Instead, Chariman Dan McCranie says their sticking to their statement from 4 years ago that says "the majority of the County Commission felt that allowing the battle flag to be flown as a memorial to fallen soldiers was appropriate

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984