I have a Pre 64 model 70 .270 that I had re barreled by Shilen in a #3 contour almost 20 years ago. Shoots under 1 inch groups all day long. I haven't hunted with it as much over the past several years because of the weight (almost 10 lbs) in favor of lighter weight rifles I own. I have tried a couple of different fiberglass stocks, smaller scopes, light weight mounts, etc. over the years trying to get the weight down to something I would enjoy but I just cant stand the plastic on a classic rifle. I recently came across a beautiful custom made English walnut stock for a featherweight that I had to jump on. My dilemma is , should I have the gun re barreled to a featherweight contour? Is it possible to have my existing barrel turned down to a featherweight contour? Should I just open the barrel channel and suck it up? Should I try to locate a used feather weight barrel and have it installed? I will never sell the gun, it was the first rifle I ever purchased and has a great deal of sentimental value. I'm having difficulty justifying the expense to save 8-10 ounces, but at its current weight it just doesn't see much use.