I just bought an interesting knife and I'd like to see if anyone here can give me some info on it. On one side of the blade it is stamped SOLINGEN and under that it says GERMANY. On the other side of the blade it is stamped THE DREIER Co. There is a cowboy head on the end of the handle. It looks a lot like the one in this picture except the part that protects your hand is straight across with little "balls" on the ends and it's the same metal as the cowboy head. The blade is 4 13/16" and the overall length is 9 1/4". The stag handle is well worn. I don't have the original sheath. It's seems to be real solidly built but it needs a good cleaning. Maybe it's a an el cheapo but I figured that since it's made in Germany it might be worth something. Anyway, any information you guys could provide would be appreciated. Thanks.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by River_Ridge; 07/07/15. Reason: Spelling

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.