http://www.opticsplanet.com/bushnell-legend-ultra-hd-3-9x40mm-rifle-scope.html

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x40mm Rifle Scope $169.99 w/ Free Shipping

These are a nice choice for $180 bucks total. I like the side focus.

The 4.5-14x version was on sale recently at $225, it is $260 at this website. I got a Philippine version of this and it is a pretty nice scope for something like your Ruger.

They have the side focus and adjust down to rimfire ranges. I think 25 yards, maybe closer in the 3-9. The turrets can be adjusted by hand, but you have to unscrew the cap first. Easy to adjust, then return the cap.

Bushnell has been kind of a moving target as far as what you get in quality for any given model. The HD may have come out of the Philippines when I tried one and now I believe made in China. The trophy migrated from Japan, to Philippines to China and the clarity took a hit each time. I never notice a price drop, but I guess they held the line without any increase.

I dont like the Banner at all. The Elite's are great, but for the price you could have a Leupold. The mid grade Bushnell seem to fill a good nitch.

One caution, what ever you get make sure the parallax can adjust down to 25 yards. My opinion. Many nice scopes like the typical Nikons only run down to 50 yards, which is pretty marginal for rimfire use. The AR scopes typically dont go down to 25yards. The gimmick reticules dont work for me, simple cross hair or fine duplex seems best.

Last edited by fourbore; 07/10/15.