I'm trying to get my 250 savage to be more accurate with cast bullets. I've had some good groups, only to try the same thing again and have it all fall apart. I've done a lot of casting over the years, for the most part in the 30 and up range and I've had fair success. I don't believe my problem is in the cast bullets themselves. I weigh up everything to within +/- .1 grains and then segregate them to within a grain. Any external imperfections are tossed back in the pot. I've sized them generally .001 over bore diameter. I have a bore void of copper, etc. I'm not a newbie, but I'm sure a don't know everything either.

One thing I have is a neck expander die for both 30 and 25 caliper, I learned this early on so I didn't damage the sides of the bullets. So I don't have an issue in this department.

One area that I haven't focused on is using a neck sizing die versus the full length die I currently have for my 250 savage. So this is one path I can go down and probably will just to reduce the stress on the case, and now that 250 savage brass is really hard to find. I've also never used a case neck gauge.

Next is the bullet seating itself. My current dies are just the standard Lyman full length sizing die kit. Nothing special about the bullet seating. Wondering if it was worth getting a competition bullet seating die, not sure how these would work with cast bullets being oversized, or is this just a waste of money. Guess the big thing is, how do you know your bullet is straight.

Basically I'm thinking about getting a Redding type S die for neck sizing. And than get a better bullet seating die also. I just want to take any issues of being concentric, etc. out of the equation.